Pre-Facelift Model is my CR-V 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Ian2494, Saturday 14th Jul, 2012.

1. Ian2494 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

how do i find out if its a 4x4 i just got the documents from the DVLA and it says honda CR-V i VTEC se sport 2002 2 axle rigid body

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It a two wheel drive but comes in a 4x4 depending on the conditions , so technically its a 4x4 on demand.

what is the purpose of this information bud? and welcome to AOC.

3. Ian2494 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just wanting to know due to the crap weather we get in Scotland as the dealer said it was and DVLA documents don't

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am not sure how DVLA would classify the CR-V on the V5 but the CR-V has dual hydraulic pump center/rear differential and 4WD transfer case.

The pump is constantly measuring the pressure and when the sensors pick up a difference greater than 3% between the two pumps it engages . The CR-V has clutch that connects the front and rear axles that kicks in to engage four wheel drive.

Bowler likes this.
  5. Ian2494 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for the reply

Ichiban likes this.
  6. benjisdad New Member Getting Started

hi just read your description of how the 4 wheel drive operates and am impressed...thanks

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Its a Honda after all simple effective engineering built to last, the hydraulic pump set up has been dropped on the 4th Generation and been replaced with an electronic activated real time 4WD system.

No more glazing on the rear diff!
    :Wink: in theory