Feedback/Help is there an android app for this new site?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by tonygw, Sunday 2nd Mar, 2014.

1. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

As per the title, I searched but found nothing, the old AOC app was great but no longer seems to work so am hopefull there will be a new one. If somebody could let me and others know or if it exsists how to find it. Thanks

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There isn't a new Android or iOS app for the new site, it's been designed to work properly on mobile/tablets negating the need for a dedicated app. We will be making an announcement soon about it all.

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ah ok sounds good thanks

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Website looks great on Android Chrome Galaxy Note 2 4.1 - no zooming required

Hopefully phones with a smaller screen can view the site well too?

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It should all function perfectly, a lot of assets are served Retina/HiDPI too. Those that aren't will be before long :Smile:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I was browsing the site on my Galaxy S3 last light and I noticed that the sub menu buttons are show in the wrong order. So on a full browser on a PC they show in the following order
    • Latest Posts
    • Unread Posts
    • Mark Forums Read
    • Watched Forums
    • Watched Threads
    • Unanswered Threads
    But on my phone I see "Watched Threads", "Unanswered Threads" and then "..."

So to click on "Unread Posts" (which is the most common link you would use) I have to click on "..." and then click on "Unread Posts"

It would better if the order was the same as its viewed on a full browser or at least have the "Unread Posts" showing instead one of the two that are currently showing.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yes mate, I'm aware of this one and it's a bit of a technical limitation as to how the feature works.

If you grab the page window on a desktop machine and make it smaller horizontally, you'll notice that the way it collapses the links is from the left first. This is processed through jQuery and the source files are already compiled so I cannot edit the source directly, and not only that but they're treated as internal files, they would be replaced everytime the software is updated even if I managed to edit them. With template files or add-ons I have a lot more flexibility to maintain them as the site grows.

To be quite frank, the only easy solution I have is to re-order the buttons on the desktop view, which is more illogical for them.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    OK, in that case, not to worry then.