Suspension, Steering and Brakes Issue with brakes possibly? 2.4 type-S

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by GavTheMighty, Thursday 7th Mar, 2013.

1. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right seem to be getting a funny noise when braking only while holding the brakes also noticed since I got the car that when I first start it up say after a day of sitting and move off the first time I touch the brakes it makes like a rusty type scraping noise like there is rust on the discs or something.

The new noise was happening all the time after getting back from a trip I noticed the noise for the last few miles home whenever I pressed the brake it was like a broken up thunk thunk thunk not massively loud but enough that you could hear it I have noticed since owning the car that the back discs and calipers look rusty.

So any ideas?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sounds like pads have totally worn out and getting a metal on metal contact.
    Get them checked out ASAP mate.
  3. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had this on my previous Civic and it was unevenly worn pads and rusty/worn front discs.

Got some fresh discs and pads and applied some copper grease when fitting them and they were sweet after that.

Need to examine pads and discs as first port of call in my opinion mate.
  4. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Beat me to it speedy :Grin:
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    They don't call me Speedy for nothing LOL
  6. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Btw good to replace the pads ASAP if they're worn down, save damaging the discs :0).
  7. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think you guys are correct the only thing that baffled me a little is I have had brake pads wear on plenty of cars and the metalic scrape of discs is pretty unmistakable this didnt sound like that but whatever the issue it is a brake one and could be the pads worn in a certain way or the calipers or some such the back calipers and discs look quite corroded and on two occasions recently it felt a little like when the brake was pressed something wasnt making contact properly like there was feedback through the pedal as if the pads were not hitting the right place and almost rebounding if that makes any sense at all? But I will get it checked out ASAP.
  8. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Some manufacturers have a different material in the lowest part of the brake pads that is designed to make more noise/vibration to alert you that the pads are getting low and need replacing. I don't know if Honda do this.