Off-Topic Its been superb day across the UK today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Saturday 6th Jul, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Today was just AMAZING weather wise it was epic just love the heat. Got up at 09:00 and didn't stop till 21:30.

I was in the garage cleaning up sorting out stuff and hanging my new sign in the garage. Washed and waxed two tourers and cream crackered sat and drinking a pint of Peroni Nastro Azzurro.

What did you guys do? We are going to have the repeat of this for a whole week! :Happy:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Got up at 6am, was at the Warwick Uni sports fields at 07:30 for the UK Corporate Games 2013, representing Jaguar LandRover (JLR) in the Cricket 8s tournament. Perfect weather for cricket.

Had a really good fun day, we comprehensively won three out of three games, topped the group and cruised through to the knockout stages tomorrow. I picked up 2 wickets in the two overs that I bowled and was on another hatrick. Third possible hatrick in the last three weeks, I can't be far off actually getting a hatrick soon !

Will be resuming the tournament tomorrow with our first game at 11am.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh .. nice sign by the way !

Ichiban and Iain like this.
  4. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was out on the GSX1300R with a couple of mates and did about 170 mile run through some superb Hampshire roads. Once back I relaxed with a few cans of skippy piss (Fosters)....at £4.50 a pint, us southern softies can't afford Peroni Nastro Azzurro...:Tongue:

Ichiban likes this.
  5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wish i had to time to attend to my car but monsters(kids) kept me busy all day running around them and playing.
    Spent the day either in the garden or park messing around with kids.
    Cool sign Ceej,like it.

6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dog got me up at 5:30am finally gave in and took him out at 7:30am. Went and bought a TV for the bedroom then went to the pub for lunch followed by going to Leeds to look at some puppies and a trip to Ikea on the way home, have to say the a1/m62 was totally dead yesterday afternoon it was lovely!

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

well done mate it must be over 15-18 years ago I last played cricket! would love to play but ..old age and all :Rolf:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud it looks wicked in the dark with the reflection off the car roof I must get a picture of it.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    nice bike Steve lets see your bike bud i do have a soft spot of the GXR handling , we have loads of GXR fans here Dave didn't you have a GXR? Steve if you are up north come out for pints at 2.20 now a local where you can get hammered for 20 quid.lol on legit booze not scraping the bottom of the barrels.

Dave which pup you going for fella.. any pics

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ceej I think we are roughly the same age, your defo not old to play cricket again.

I have struggled with my general fitness with all the short little sprints you have to do when your bowling, batting or fielding, my calves would stiffen up or start to cramp up.

So I'm going to start doing to some running and try and get myself in better shape. Improving my fitness so I can play better cricket gives me some insensitive.

JLR got knocked out at the quater finals as two of our opening batsmen failed to turn up in the morning and we failed to chase down a target set by Vodafone. So our high hopes of winning the tournament were dashed, but still we came 5th out 16th at the end.

11. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah I had a Telefonica race rep Gsxr 600 and as for puppy it'll be another golden retriever when I finally give in to the nagging! Ours is only 3.5yr old now so still daft but he did so much damage when he was a pup lol