General It's Honda city here...!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Thursday 16th Jan, 2014.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I foolishly once claimed on here that I saw far more Honda models in the North (Yorkshire and North West) than I did in the South.

Well, I think either I am noticing far more now (likely I have to admit) or my local dealer is having a very good time indeed.

Popped to Sainsbury's earlier, and in the small car park there were:

- 1 x 8th Generation Accord tourer
    - 1 x 8th Generation Accord saloon (mine)
    - 1 x 7th Generation Acccord saloon
    - 1 x CR-V
    - 2 x Jazz
    - 1 x Civic

Then to cap it off, I was let out into the traffic when I left between two Civics...:Thumbup:

It's made me wonder what the collective noun should be for a group of Hondas?

An engineering of Hondas perhaps? A VTEC of Hondas? Answers on a postcard...:Smile:

2. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Come to Swindon mate :Smile: Civic and Jazz on each street, with occasional CR-V and more rare Accord lol

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah that's all the factory workers getting them on the cheap. Or just borrowing them for the weekend!!!

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I like a herd of Hondas.

I've seen a massive surge in 7th Gens around these parts, there's about 4-5 I regularly seem to go past lately. Still haven't once seen an 8th Generation this end of Liverpool, even though I know of a few members with them in the area.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Perhaps it should be a "cog" of 7th Generation Accords?

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hah, a swamp of sevenths. I like the alliteration.

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I think yesterday was my record for Honda spotting...

In a 40 mile round trip through Bucks and into Oxfordshire, I saw no fewer than SEVEN new CR-Vs, and three other 8th Generation Accords :Hooray: It was actually getting a bit weird, as there always seemed to be a CR-V behind me, in front of me, or coming towards me. Honda stalking?!

Said it before, but round here the new CR-V has evidently been a real sales success - loads around.:Thumbup:

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You do see a lot of new CR-Vs, recently I've been noticing a lot if FRVs about too. No idea why they stop making that car, it seemed to have been doing well.

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I see a lot new CR-Vs here and have to say they are growing on me and am nearly 100% it will be my next car when time comes for Accord to retire.
    Kids getting bigger and need more back room space and Accord not really generous in that department.
    On the topic parked today in Morisons store and only noticed when i got out 6 Honda`s next to each other.My Accord,2 Jazz and 3 Civic`s.