Off-Topic I've gone and bought an iPod touch... am I braindead?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunkylover53, Monday 25th Nov, 2013.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So as many of you may know, I am a vehement android product supporter. However after nearly dropping a dumbell on my Galaxy Note 2 I decided to move a step back and invest in an MP3 player. All I needed from it was 8gbs of memory and bluetooth compatibility. This led me to a used Sony player for £60 or 2nd Generation iTouch for £30.

Money is currently tight so I went for the iTouch and honestly after the 5 hours I've just had I wish I never bothered.

I imagined syncing music to be incredibly easy seeing as Apple is built on making everything simple for the consumer, holding their hand all the way. Grudgingly I installed iTunes and synced my music. Then begin my problems:

1) Restoring the ipod took an hour, for some reason the screen went completely blank. Afterwards it worked.
    2) Converting and syncing 4gbs of songs took 4 hours, and no my PC wasn't the lagging issue. iTunes quickly converted the songs, however when it came to transferring the songs it kept on crashing. It was just an endless cycle of end task, restart iTunes, sync, crash, end task etc

Eventually most of my songs got through to the iTouch. On the plus side, syncing my wireless headphones was a doddle.

Rant over - but seriously does the whole flock of apple users experience the same problems or is it just an old iTouch issue?

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have to say when I used to have a PC, I had a lot of problems with syncing my old iPhones.
    Bought a MacBook Pro and no issues ever again.

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Makes sense, surely with the dominance of Windows OS Apple would have been able to make the software simply work. Or even better they could allow the iTouch to sync with WMP.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Use MediaMonkey mate, it's been my go-to player of choice for many years now and has so much built in functionality out of the box. I don't own an iPod but it does support them, as well as match-based syncing (all songs that are "5 star", all songs of x genre etc.).

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I vaguely remember using this back in the Win XP days, wasn't too impressed. Will happily give it another go though, cheers for the tip :Wink:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

There's been a few revisions since the XP days :Thumbup:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Apple like to keep things closed shop, to keep you buying more and more Apple products.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A little unfair seeing as they supported boot camp to run windows on a mac.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I knew you'd take the bait Rob ;-)

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Windows on a Mac is one of the best Windows experiences funnily enough :Whistle:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  11. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't mate. If I took the bait I would would have made a comment about Microsoft and their army of bugs.
    Now OSX on a PC would be worthwhile.:Wink:

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Hackintoshes have been around for a long while mate :Thumbup:I believe Speedy has one.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Its flawless mate, especially on a rMBP, lightening fast too.

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Aye, I have it on my MBP too. Shame I don't actually ever use the thing :Whistle:

15. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I bought a diary and a new pen its brilliant and never breaks down :Happy::Happy:

DeviateDefiant likes this.