General I've just bought a Legend!

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by pauljdh, Wednesday 29th Apr, 2015.

1. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    What have I done! I've just agreed to but an 09 Legend, beautiful all round and chopped in a trusty 152K diesel Accord. Mixed feelings but heh ho.....rare as anything tho these Legends, hope I don't live to regret it...sure I won't, great deal from Holdcroft Honda too.....any tips chaps on legend ownership? Can it be tuned for economy?

won't sleep tonight!

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, if its economy you're after you bought the wrong car! Lol.

In all seriousness they aren't too bad considering the engine and box

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Legend is such a nice car.
    I guess you can install LPG if you are doing lots of miles.That would give you a better economy.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    that legend wasn't on the pitch long!

5. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its lovely now but can't wait to see it after its been through the shop......never bought
    - - - Updated - - -
    ...........from HH before but rate the service dpt very highly!

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Legend is a class car, you'll soon be smitten by it.

7. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can anyone summarise their ownership experience in a few sentences please? Im interested in real world MPG returns etc and any issues etc....many thanks

8. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Pauljdh
    09 KB1
    Non rush hour non motorway average 4.3 miles per litre tesco momentum99 calculated from filling up tank and mileage covered
    16April to 2 May 2015 that's 19.6 miles per gallon Obviously I decided to test out the tesco momentum99 Cost 115.9p/litre then 116.9p/litre second fill up. i.e cost is 27p per mile
    going back to morrissons unleaded to compare based on same method cost 112.9p/litre
    Usually the dash reading floats between 17 and 20 MPG occasionally hit 23mpg

If your bored Google Honda legend in snow and watch the cars capability but I would not try what those guys did but it does handle exceptionally well in snow and is reassuring

9. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

wow, thanks, thats worse than I was hoping! Thought my SAAB Aero was thirsty but this is in a different class. My purchase is on hold at the mo and dealer been very decent about it, the cost of ownership is bothering me ....the road fund licence of £505 applies even if you do 1 mile per year - at least the fuel is under your control to an extent, depending on how many miles you travel this aint a car that you use for short trips dropping the kids off!

10. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

We usually clock 9000 miles a year so can cover the cost
    next door neighbour covers 30k pa so she's got Audi A4 2 diesel £30 road tax

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On the plus side you hardly ever hear the Legend guys complaining of any issues, so they are darn reliable motors.

12. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Paul did you pick up the info in conversation I sent

13. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

luxury comes at a price :Wink:

14. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes but the road tax annoys me because it does not reflect road usage
    The more I use the road the more petrol tax covers the use ; simple and logical
    The less I use the road the less petrol tax
    You can clock up 30000 miles a year @ 35 MPG and £30 road tax
    Or 9000 miles a year @19.6 MPG and £505 road tax

15. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, I know. It's not honda's fault though :Frown:.

16. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did, thank you very much, very very useful!