Reviews J. Wac Car Foam (and Bilt Hamber clay bar)

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by royalblue, Monday 20th Jan, 2014.

1. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just got my Accord a few weeks ago. With a break in the incessant rain, i decided to give it a really good clean.

I snowfoamed it using a special ph neutral snowfoam. Fleabay: 251234693940

I had it for my passat and now treated my tourer to it.

When i bought this a few months back i met the seller who is a really helpful guy (he is local to me as he is in Bolton).

Does this stuff work?

It sure does. It just stops the water streaks and cleans well.

Mind you, you still need to 'clay bar your car'

For that i love Bilt Hamber. It is the mutt's. Road grime just lifts off with water and a bit of elbow grease.

Hope this helps. I have no affiliation, just happy to recommend a couple of great car cleaning products !
    Last edited: Tuesday 21st Jan, 2014
    FirstHonda and Ichiban like this.
  2. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Sounds good, its the elbow grease bit that puts me off :Happy:
  3. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Can't you buy the elbow grease from Halfords? Lol
    Mike c
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's on the shelf next to the left handed hammers :Rolf:
    DeviateDefiant likes this.
  5. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

its just another brand of snow foam that does the same job as the others and thats to soften the dirt prior to jet washing the foam off leaving you a cleaner surface(but not clean) before you go at it with your wash mitt and 2 bucket method.
  6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

True but you give it another spray of j wac and use the mits. Rinse again and dry off. The results are pretty good to be fair.That snow foam does have wax in and does leave your car shiny.
  7. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Fair do's if it makes you happy then thats what matters, personally i woudn't use it due to the wax in it. I follow up with a dedicated car shampoo and not wash it with another layer of foam, each to there own i guess :Smile:
  8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I tried a dedicated shampoo. Simoniz shield. It made no difference. They're both designed to remove dirt. Last year I did a 3rd layer of snow foam and clay bared the car. That was brilliant. The car was completed lubricated. Followed up with AG SRP, black hole and Colinite wax the car look great. I just need some time and weather to do it again.
    wanner69 likes this.