Body, Paint & Styling Jacking Points

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by trailblazzer, Saturday 26th May, 2012.

1. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    I'm in the process of changing the dreaded fuel filter. Its an absolute pig of a job so far. But i'm at the point of trying to take the filter bracket off the b/h and can't see the second bolt.

Anyway,

Is there a jacking point at the front of the car? I noticed underneath the engine bay theres a section not covered by a splash gaurd and has an arrow pointing to it, theres a large beam with what looks like a jacking point on it there. Can anyone tell me if this is a jacking point?

Thanks alot guys!

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

3. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You Sir are a savior. Mucho Gracias

4. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

One more thing!

If one was using axel stands on the accord where would you put them? I used to always use my ramps on the old car but the accord is too low to go up them. I assume I can't just put the stands on a jacking point cause they will bend the jacking lip

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Re: One more thing!

I use ramps and have the same problem. Quick fix is put a plank/couple of planks in front of the ramp before you drive the car on will give you a little extra hight. Same when you roll it off don't take them away or you will come a cropper when you take her off the ramps.. It works..

I ese a couple of sections from an old MFI wardrobe :Smile:

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure you can put the axle stands under the jacking points. CJ can you confirm this please.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That where I put them when working on my cars, I also use wheel chocks on the rear tyres.

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers CJ. That's where I've been putting them as well.

9. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    You can, I have jacked mine (carefully) from the center front jack point and put stands under doth sides on the front. I did use a slither of rubber on the stands to stop them chipping the paint on the side jacking points worked well let no marks.

The jacking at the front is a bit of a worry with my short ish trolley jack and I would recommend a chock on the rear wheels just to be safe and jack it slowly!