Planning JAE 2017

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by K24 CL9 GUY, Sunday 11th Sep, 2016.

1. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Have never been to this but maybe another we should look at attending?

- - - Updated - - -
    Screenshot_20160911-144502.
    Screenshot_20160911-144619.
    JAE 2016 Tickets

2. Fordham1984 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have been to this once it's a great weekender not just about cars and drink but team games.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Guy don't want to be a kill joy but have a look at JAE bizarre terms and conditions to the stalls , club stand and camping restrictions. It's a great event but for me you are throttled what you can do.

Do your research before you commit why don't you guys camp?

4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Oh really sounds interesting? I have never been but is supposed to be good although there is no form of actual track action so not sure if could do a whole weekend?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Well it's all pretty standard I suppose apart from having to have a fire extinguisher lol.

Bit harsh with generators but we never use one so no issue there other than that don't see a problem but am I missing something?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Click on the other clauses you are just warning up. looks like all the chavs of the Japanese scene get there,

8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Worth a shot one year just to see what it's like but do like to see cars moving as apposed to just static that's why Usc at santapod is so good as have such a range of different things on

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well that's the spirit, you have to take the plunge beyond the blurb and see what it is really on the ground.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If my memory serves me right we looked at this a couple of years back and all the regs etc were the sticking point then I suppose having a fire extinguisher is their way of not having to provide their own fire cover after all this is a showground event and not a race circuit.

11. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A word of warning, make sure that your insurance policy covers you while attending these sorts of events as most don't. Even if your car is on static display insurers class shows as rallys and as such your car isn't insured whilst it is within the show ground. So if you hit someone else's car or your own car gets damaged the insurer is within it's rights to refuse a claim.

You should be able to get a policy extension for a few pounds should you not already be covered.

Nels likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just have burn out in your local McDonald's car park make some noise and go home. save all the hassle.

13. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Shouldn't you be sat in a field with your "put put" static engines?

I've seen collisions many times while arranging cars on a stand for shows.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Those lot can be seen at the Fred Dibnah Heritage Centre, I don't do any more modern car show as it does nothing for me rather be on my bike personally.

Collisions at car show what were they all drunk\hungover?