Finished Japenese Car Meet - Oxford (Sunday 5th October)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by DeviateDefiant, Monday 22nd Sep, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Small meet going down on the 5th October in Oxford, few club members on Facebook and some of the guys from Hond-R are likely coming down.

Just a small gathering at Oxford Retail Park (OX4 6XJ), long as I can make it I'll be there doing photography and coverage for the club.

You can find the Facebook event here.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Uum I may come down in my Vauxhall Insipid,on second thoughts may be lynched to death! I can't come matey as I have brands hatch the shortly after.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah that's no worries mate :Smile: I don't think @SpeedyGee can either.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I can't make it either. Hope all goes well for those that can.

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I might be able to make it

6. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    It's a Prescott weekend...
    I'll be "working" :Smile:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Heads up it'll be the younger crowd with it being on Facebook and not the more mature gatherings from the club :Whistle:

8. Nighthawk Guest

Ahh, in which case.....

The problem with owning a Honda is that you can never use the excuse that your car let you down which was why you couldn't make it somewhere....

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I though it important to let you know that one :drunk:

Nighthawk likes this.
  10. Nighthawk Guest

:Wink:

... and I think I know why too - good shout :Rolf:

11. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    I'll try to be there. It'll depend on the state of my car really, as I'll be coming back from long trip.. Dirty car no joy at the meet :Unknown:

12. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Lol. Why did I only see this now ? doh.

This is right around the corner from me. Gonna feel a bit bummed showing up with one of my door windows being a perspex sheet taped to my window though. Anyone from HK confirmed as going ?

13. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I might just pop round and see what it's like. Seeing as so many cars had their door windows broken in my area on Friday, I may not be the only person sporting a perspex / clear film door window.

14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Dunno if anyone from HK was at the meet (not many people were) but I met my mate there (he's the owner of the 'snot' car - the one with all the green), and took some (pretty bad, actually) pictures.

Nice meet, friendly (mostly young :Grin:) people, only spoilt once by a little boy racer making an arse of himself driving in, trying (and failing horribly) to do a burnout in his Citroen, and leaving again. Some guys 'n gals from Hond-R were there and had some nice cars on show, but my pictures were SOOOO horribly bad, I didn't bother keeping them.

Sorry about the picture quality, my Galaxy Camera (1st Generation) doesn't take the best low light shots (well, it might if I knew anything about setting cameras up).

The light on the underneath of the bonnet is a Daytime Running Light - nice idea I thought
    20141005_202133.JPG

20141005_202203.JPG

My mate's Sourer (snot car)
    20141005_202215.JPG

20141005_202233.JPG

A Toyota, I think
    20141005_204022.JPG

My sweet custom door window - first of many modifications I have planned :lol: (yup that's the new stereo, and you can sort of make out the Skunk2 gear knob (I like it, except it's REALLY cold in the morning). Yes, I know I need to get off my ass and hardwire the cables plugged into the cigarette lighter.

20141005_212306.JPG

My baby looks a little out of place parked behind these cars :Wink:
    20141005_212427.JPG

- - - Updated - - -
    Poor Nick really gets stick about his car -

10689590_10204775047486015_1065109237053931718_n.

Last edited: Sunday 5th Oct, 2014
  15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I couldn't make it in the end, from the Facebook conversation almost everyone pulled out at the last minute which was a big shame. Would have liked the opportunity to see your girl in person, current window situation aside :Laughing:

It's hard to tell from the pictures if I recognise any of the cars.

16. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

To be honest, my dashcam took better video that the pictures I took with my camera. I think I need to read up on how to take better night pictures with the camera. Would've been great to meet some of the HK crowd, but there's always next time, and it give me more time to get stuff down.

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Given the amount of available light, you couldn't have done much better with a point and click at high ISO. Yeah for sure, hopefully we can get the numbers up a bit more for the Pirelli night :Smile: