Finished Japfest 2016

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by MickyB, Tuesday 1st Dec, 2015.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well a new venue for 2016.
    Japfest

DC5Cassie likes this.
  2. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    definitely doing this!! :Smile:

3. rimmo Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
    Is this going to be a HK meet ?. If so I'm in. :Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I won't be doing Japfest again ever utter waste of time and energy.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  5. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    LOL
    i must admit the last two events closely resembled my local supermarket car park... which is cheaper to park in :Whistle:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Only this supermarket park was not tarmac it was on farmer Giles land.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still nice to see that car fans in the north get some recognition..... :Whistle:

There is land, roads and cars north of Northampton in this fair island after all. :lol:

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Does anyone know when Japfest 2 organising starts? Hope they move back to Donnington as it's more central for everyone. It would be better for Scottish car fans to get to as well.

To be fair the Jap scene is still fairly quiet up here the only big car show we seem to get is Dubfest but hopefully it gets renamed NOxfest this year...

9. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cassie Northamptonshire
    I'M INNNNNNNNNNN!!!!1!11

I'm excited that it's at Silverstone. My stomping ground.

I smell Haribo @MickyB :Grin:

Oh, and if you're all lucky I might just bake cakes for us all.:dance:

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll get an e mail notification whe n it's announced. But I'm thinking that it could either be Rockingham(again) or perhaps they move JF2 to Castle Coombe. I hope it does move back to Donnington.
    - - - Updated - - -
    It's Christmas Bah Humbug comes to mind:Tongue:
    - - - Updated - - -
    May have to send them by pony express as I've a conflict of interests
    2016 Provisional Event Calendar - Time Attack® - It's not racing... It's Time Attack!!
    - - - Updated - - -
    But the last two meetings did show that members were interested in getting together the numbers attending and the distances travelled by most members where proof in itself of this.

11. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london

not knocking the entusiasm to meet up but it does puzzle me why people pay good money fro a club stand just to be shoved in a car park??
    if your not going to be in the thick of it ,it seems a pointless event !!!
    the point of my events they are either very low cost or free, generally our stand is high profile ,they are two day events giving you the time to socialize and veiw the event at your lesiure with great on site camping
    also plenty of action to watch and a great array of different cars to view, i never do one manufacterers shows i just find it a little blinkered and elitest with rows and rows of the same cars ?
    im glad to see you pointed out that people ARE prepared to travel a distance to events how about a karma stand at crystal palace and do some karma social bonding ???
    i can and will organize this if genuine interest is shown

old dinosurs party too

dancing_dino.

Ichiban and legend-ary like this.
  12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The problem with the likes of Japfest etc is like you said you pay good money to end up in a car park but that's usually because there are a great number of clubs showing and to be honest and I think all will agree who attended we had quite a prime spot for the club stand at Rockingham and got a lot of attention which can only be a good thing.
    As for the locations these have always been a sticking point obviously distances travelled = running cost + hotel if you stay overnight I know you have camping but that's not everyone's thing .
    I personally have always tried highlight things going on in various areas of the country so as to allow people from the different counties to decide if they want to attend it's a big ask to ask someone to travel from say Cramlington to London and only the really dedicated probably would make the journey.
    I'm all for a big get together I'm actually keeping some holidays back this coming year cause I want to try and get down to Brands for the BTCC final rounds because I have seen the details that you put on and you deserve recognition for that. So hopefully I'll be around there come whenever.... Maybe even get my tent out as well..

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You smoking some bad weed old man:rasta: , we are on a dusty field littered with boulder and rocks and each a car went by it flew all the dust on the cars. The passage alleys were so small spectators and fans could not get through.
    You can do the same shitty car show and of line up cars in your local supermarket without the dust!! how on earth is lining cars up and down in a dusty field good.. its bloody sad! Attention seeking and reving the nuts of your engine is appealing to the yooof of today :chav: lining up cars in line is the new past time and gods know why people love it ....once you seen all of the cars then what do you do?

Hang around like spare bloody parts until it home time.:wanker:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  14. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    What can I say, I enjoy a drive :vtec:

MickyB likes this.
  15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You could always STAY AT HOME then.
    Oh and you would get clobbered by the plod if you so much as look at a supermarket car park.

And I don't know where they will be showing at Silverstone. Not sure if there's a Morrisons or Asda there:construction:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Got better things to do than cars, its called motorcycles and rare cars. I leave the glorification of car shows in car supermarkets for you to big up..