Bulletins & Advisories Jazz 15 Model Year On-board Toolkit changes

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2007-2015)' started by Service News, Thursday 4th Sep, 2014.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Honda have issued the following TSB# SO-08-009-00 dated 04-09-14 for all MY15* Jazz GG5, GG6 & GP1.

Tool kit Changes.
    Following the trend of other Honda models, 15 year model Jazz has some changes to the on-board tool kit when compared to previous year models.
    Models equipped with Temporary Repair Kit (TRK) will no longer have a vehicle jack, wheel nut wrench and screwdriver.

Tool kit contents.
    A = Pre 15 Year Model. B = 15 Year Model
    Jazz 15 Model Year On-board Toolkit changes1.
    Models equipped with a compact spare tyre will no longer have the screwdriver.
    Tool kit contents.
    A = Pre 15 Year Model. B = 15 Year Model
    Jazz 15 Model Year On-board Toolkit changes2.

Accessory Compact Spare Tyre Kit.
    An accessory compact spare tyre kit for a 15 year model Jazz will include a vehicle jack and wheel nut wrench as part of the kit.
    Please refer to Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) or accessory listings for the part number for the specific models.

Update Accessories option now added Jazz 15YM Temporary Spare Wheel Kits including

Wheel + Tyre + Cargo Box + Pantograph Jack Assy + Wheel Wrench

The kits are either with or without the Trunk Floor Board Assy as per the application list below:

Jazz 2015 On (MT only)
    06421-TF0-E21: (WITHOUT Trunk Floor Board Assy): (Price £155 + VAT)
    06421-TF0-E31ZA: (WITH Trunk Floor Board Assy) ): (Price £176 + VAT)

Jazz 2015 On (CVT only)
    06421-TF2-E21: (WITHOUT Trunk Floor Board Assy): (Price £155 + VAT)
    06421-TF2-E31ZA: (WITH Trunk Floor Board Assy) ): (Price £176 + VAT)

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I suppose this is can be called as progress for all Modern Honda, cutting carbon emissions lower over weight of the car.. to me its cost saving. Come on Honda you have already started to remove spare fuses from car this is just ridiculous.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm not in favour of this move. A car should have a jack and wheel nut wrench as a minimum. :Epic Fail: :Epic Fail: :Epic Fail:

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Agree. It makes it much quicker when the RAC patrol have a wheel they can just swap to get me going again rather than having to recover the car...:lol:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have added a new update to the first post regarding Jazz 15YM Temporary Spare Wheel Kits which are now available to Honda dealers.

6. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I totally disagree with the approach of no spare wheel in car, I further disagree with not having a full size spare available.
    On the basis of the benefit is infinitesimally small, the capability of TRK to sort every puncture, the decrease in driving safety when running with anything but a totally competent full size wheel.

No doubt the wheel bay will also disappear in time.

This will no doubt carry on to future Honda cars, I will not buy one unless I can carry a full size spare, next car was possibly going to be a year 15 Jazz (replace either my own or wife's).

Will look at next HR-V but increasingly a VW o similar with full size spare wheel is the likely candidate.

15 Hondas down, none to go??

John Dickson likes this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yet I bet that handbook still recommends DIY regular tyre rotation.... How exactly?

Sorry I forgot they're giving a free trolley jack and axle stands in lieu of the proper tool kit and spare :Rolf::taunt:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    One way of getting people into the dealership..

John Dickson likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes when I'm 98 maybe but I'd permanently hang my head in shame if I rang now to book the car in for a tyre rotation only.

Yes when it's in for a service maybe.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LMAO

11. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speaking of tyre rotation - temperature here in sunny Perthshire starting to be regularly 7 degC and below, changed both my own and wife's car to winter tyred wheels - including full size spares, te only way to travel withpeace of mind!
    A the quieter ride! I still wish the Jazz could be softened a little as standard.