Service & Maintenance Jazz 2nd Generation MOT

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2001-2008)' started by Mike c, Sunday 30th Mar, 2014.

1. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I took my wife's 2007 Jazz ES for its MOT on Friday, worrying a little about the emissions. I had given the car a dose of fuel system cleaner after it failed last year on the emissions and ended up putting a new lambda sensor on it to get it through the test. A very quick Italian tune up ( 25 mile trip) ending up at the test station just minutes before it's test and flew through the test. I celebrated by treating the car to a couple of new rear tyres which were showing slight signs of circumferential cracking. I think I might complete the set next month. So that is the Jazz and my CR-V with new MOT's within 2 months. Happy.:Search::GoodJob:

DeviateDefiant, Nels and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good job Mike.
    That's what I like about Honda.Pay for service, MOT, tyres and petrol and then just drive and enjoy.
    No unexpected surprises, at least in my case.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    An Italian tune before any MOT is the best thing you can do :Niceone:
    Nice one Mike

4. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I tell you what, the Jazz is auto but when you use the 7 speed paddle shift it is quite useful. I took the car up the M54 to Shrewsbury in a lower than normal gear and came back along the B roads using the paddles. It was quite a lot of fun driving it hard using the gears in and out of the twisted back roads . The gear change is very quick and smooth. Whenever I get out of the Jazz and into my CR-V I always wish it was an auto.
    Mike c

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Experience with other makes of cars going in for MOT's has always left me with that nagging doubt of, 'will she get through ok?'
    The guys that do my MOTs say to me, 'What're you worried about? You look after your cars and she's a Honda'

We should have more faith. It's just that I don't like failing at anything !
    Well done Mike, and remember . . .

:Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:
    :Happy: 'SHE's a HONDA' :Happy:
    :Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:

Ichiban, Chunkylover53 and SpeedyGee like this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah I use it all the time in the latest auto you can shift down and use it as engine barking if the revs and speeds are within range. Only disadvantage you can shift up that easily at low speeds whilst turning its hard as the paddle shifter are not static but with time you can master it.