General Jazz smash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moob, Friday 24th Oct, 2014.

1. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Just got home from work and the Mrs tells me she's had an accident in her Jazz, in a car park. Some dude in a van reversed at the same time as she did and pranged into her.

This is her 2nd smash in a car park this year, earlier when I had my (then) immaculate E320cdi, she reversed into some trolleys at IKEA.
    You'd never know she used to be a driving instructor.

C360_2014-10-24-17-34-54-470. C360_2014-10-24-17-35-25-224.

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Sorry to hear that mate - at least she is ok and its just cosmetic. Luckily, the damage doesnt look that bad....

3. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Yeah, she's ok as is my 3 yr old, thing is she's managed to put me in the bad books because I forgot to ask if she was OK.

4. Nighthawk Guest

Which one has you in the bad books? The missus or your 3 year old? lol

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You can never win lol, glad to hear they're all involved are okay.

Are you going to claim on insurance or was there a clear at fault individual?

6. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    LOLZ.

She's away upstairs in a cream puff now as well.
    - - - Updated - - -
    She's waiting on her insurance company to come back as she #thinks# he was reversing quickly. She's being asked for CCTV from the Tesco store.

She's got protected no claims and a 150 excess, so not too bad.

Of course it will affect her premium either way now, so she can pay her own insurance premium for a change.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry to read your bad news. Pleased that you family are okay.
    'Stuff' happens. Cars can always be repaired.

moob likes this.
  8. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I know, I just had a tough week at work, and this was the last thing I needed.

9. Nighthawk Guest

I understand that - I think we have all had one of those weeks at some point. Hopefully next week is better for you all.

moob likes this.
  10. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Ouch! Amazing how these things usually happen to us when were already having a tough time. Glad to hear the family's ok.

Maybe you should stick the lottery on tomorrow night? Sounds like your lucks due to change.

moob likes this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Unfortunately things like this all seem to happen at once mate. Glad everyone is ok and it's just dented metal, which can be repaired.

moob likes this.
  12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Good to hear everyone is ok, hopefully the CCTV footage turns out in your favour :Thumbup:

moob likes this.
  13. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd be really surprised if Tesco disclosed the CCTV to be honest - my local never does unless requested by the authorities.

14. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Cheers for the nice comments lads, calmer about the whole thing now.

Apparently, according to her insurance company, if the cctv revealed both cars were moving at the time of the collision, that accident is considered 50/50. Which is stupid as the wife said she was reversing slowly, has reversing sensors and never heard anything, indicating the van driver was going too fast.

15. Nighthawk Guest

CCTV has to comply with data protection - I would be surprised if they gave it to you personally. Your insurance company would have to complete the appropriate paperwork and request it, but even then, it is a request.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just caught up with this thread, sorry to hear about the prang @moob. What's happened with the insurance?

17. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Hey Leo, insurance collection was today and still waiting on courtesy car as they messed up.

I've got a feeling they will write the car off as it's only worth just over 2k, new boot lid and bumper the guts of £1k inc vat.

Anyone any experience of what they typically offer, their site says glass's guide dealer retail price, although I ain't that naive!

I also want to buy it back if they do cat D it, again, anyone know what they'd want?

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That's a shame mate, but not a bad idea on buying her back. If you go on any price comparison site and enter your registration in, normally the value is filled out automatically - that will approximately be what they pay out.

I have no idea how much it would cost to buy back from them though, but it's often done so I'm sure they have a policy for it already.

19. Nighthawk Guest

Sorry to hear that @moob , I have no idea how buying a car back from them works either but I hope they will be able to advice you

20. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You may be fine - Civic worth 2.5k had 1.2k of repairs done to it after collision with no mention of writing off by Admiral. Insurance firm garages get good discounts too so should be fine.