Civic/7th Gen JB's vivid blue EP1 Civic!

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by JohnnyBoy, Tuesday 15th Oct, 2013.

1. JohnnyBoy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Wallasey
    So I wanted to save cash, but still be driving around in a Honda. My choice was Jazz sport or EP1/2, and this little bargain came up only a few miles away from me :Thumbup:

Here's how she started life:

media.

So obviously I immediately set about putting my own stamp on her, I'd managed to knock the seller down by £250 so put that towards rear tints, and some bargain £35 wheels I found on ebay. Incidentally, they sit almost perfectly flush to the arches, no spacers required :Thumbup: Fox racing something-or-other, but the seller had no idea what he was getting rid of, just wanted the space. My first purchase though, of course, was a trusty Haynes manual!

DSC_0327.
    DSC_0344.

Next were some cheap-o lowering springs that I got from fleabay, regretting it now as the fronts are noisy as hell and the ride quality is shot. Thinking of switching back to standards :Blink: Assisted by my wonderful pit crew. Also fitted some side skirts and a facelift rear bumper I picked up from a guy breaking another VB EP. Changed the indicators for clear ones, de-badged it, and sprayed the handles & boot trim.

DSC_0618.

DSC_0610.

Also tarted up the engine bay a bit. Nothing fancy, just a few rattle cans of vivid blue I picked up.

DSC_0325aa.

So here's a before/after of how she's sitting now. Had also picked up a type-R spoiler and sprayed it with black plasti-dip. Not entirely happy with the finish but it'll do for now:

beforeafter2.

Got one final mod to go on. Picked up what could turn out to be an absolute bargain on gumtree, fella reckoned he was selling a standard type-R bumper. Never seen a front bumper like this on an EP, it's certainly not OEM. Not actually been able to identify it yet, and although the front looks a bit of a mess, the back is all in one piece, it's certainly not been thrown together from bits of different bumpers. Defo came from one mould. Still needs painting, but going to wait until spring to put it on.

DSC_0605.

DeviateDefiant and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looked good mate, looking better than some EP3s do LOL.

:Thumbup:

JohnnyBoy likes this.
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good, quite a change.
    Love your pit crew btw.

JohnnyBoy likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    JB that young man in the picture dismantling the front strut that aint you .. or you haven't gone all grey after marriage have you ? :Rolf:

I bet that your old man, cheeky sod you should be getting your hands dirty.

JohnnyBoy likes this.
  5. JohnnyBoy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Wallasey
    Thanks :Smile: I love the colour, vivid blue has always been one of my favs to come out of the Honda factory!

Cheers, I'm quite surprised at how much I've managed to do on a relatively small budget, it's been a bargain car for sure
    He's ex-REME, just dives in and starts without me lol. Plan on doing the brakes myself, but as I'll have to use his drive he'll no doubt take over. Unfortunately I live on a hill with only street parking :Frown:

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That reminds me I have the genuine 7th Generation Civic WSM on CD's I will post them in the sales section.