Daily Driver JDM Edix - LPG install finished and certified

1st Generation (2004-2011) vehicle added by SpeedyGee, Wednesday 8th Apr, 2015

1. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    SpeedyGee added a new Honda to the garage:

JDM Edix

Check the vehicle's full information here.

Last edited: Thursday 7th May, 2015
    hondream likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    congrats mate she looks like a motor you will be able to get into a peach status in no time.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

One thing I love about a new (to you) car is it gives you a whole new project to work on.

There's plenty to be done to get her up to scratch.

So yesterday when I received the car, straight away I gave her a quick wash as I wanted to see what state the paintwork was in. Needless to say it's in poor condition. There's scratches galore all over the place, especially around the door handles.

IMG_20150407_104411.

There's some damage on the nearside rear corner and a scrape on the offside passenger door
    IMG_20150407_104500. IMG_20150407_104427.

Nothing too major though and not all that much more than I expected. Although it would have been nice if the Japanese dealer had warned me about the damage to rear nearside quarter.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats Speedy.
    I presume it won't be long before you LPG it.
    Enjoy

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

In the long run yes, other garage commitments and getting it registered will take precedence.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Congrats mate, look forward to seeing her develop along. can't see pictures clearly on phone but is that dent at the rear just on the plastic bumper? If it is, i got a little trick which may work to pop it out again

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Looks like a car park prang, the wheel arch and the bumper are both dented.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Actually the bumper isn't dented as such, the part of the wheel arch that it is attached to is pushed in, hence the bumper is too.

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Congratulation Speedy and welcome to the world of black Hondas :dance:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

World of black Honda's is scary !! :Frown:

Hopefully will be able to get the gleaming black shine back on her soon.

Anyway, I've just completed form IVA 1C for booking an IVA (Individual Vehicle Assessment) test, this needs to be done before applying for registration.

I've been wanting to post the form off for a good few weeks now but I didn't have the engine number to hand. I wasn't sure if missing out the engine number would delay the application, so I played it safe and opted to wait until I had the car. So yesterday I took the throttle body off to record the engine number on the block.

The form is to be sent off to a department called "Approval Section", sounds scarey let's hope it gets approved :Smile:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Just reading up on IVA Foglight Rule

Reference page 204 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...data/file/354071/M1_IVA_inspection_manual.pdf

Pondering on the "the rear fog lamp(s) must then remain off until deliberately switched on again", so I need to away to reset the switch upon ignition off ??

That's not normal behaviour in any other UK car is it ?

11. Nighthawk Guest

Black Hondas and dirty roads are great friends and never seem to be without each other.

Zoot and SpeedyGee like this.
  12. Nighthawk Guest

On my accord, the rear fog lights cannot be kept on after the ignition of the car is turned off. The fog lights are obviously switched so you can leave them in the on position if you wanted to, but the rear fog light are like on a momentary toggle switch which you turn to and they only seem to stay on for the duration of the car running at that time.

Alot of cars though do have just normal switches where people keep them on as they forget to turn them off.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

From what I'm reading just having them only come on when sidelights are on is sufficient.

14. Nighthawk Guest

yup, thats how I see it too.