Bikes Joey Dunlop film In Cinemas from 11th June 2014

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & ATV' started by Ichiban, Thursday 29th May, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Motorcycle road racing is the most dangerous of all motor sports.
    A sport in which men compete at speeds of up to 200 miles per hour on closed country roads. Roads that on any other day service cars, buses, tractors. Roads that are lined with trees, telegraph posts and stone walls. Unforgiving obstacles when struck by the human body.It is a sport that has claimed many lives over the years – and continues to do so to this day. Ireland and the Isle of Man are two of the few places in the world where the sport still survives.

Narrated by Liam Neeson, ROAD is the heartbreaking and adrenaline-fuelled tale of a family who have dominated road racing for over thirty years.

Robert and Joey Dunlop. Quiet men from a rural village in Northern Ireland - but racers who risked everything to win. And Robert’s sons, William and Michael. Two of the world’s leading road racers today. Young men determined to continue a family tradition.Featuring stunning action, candid race day scenes and a gripping narrative, Road is the story of two generations of one family that have been united by success. And united by tragedy.

road.

I for one I am going to watch this film.

BTW ITV4 is showing a documentary about him.

2. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Possibly the most down to earth and unassuming man I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

With contacts in the NW200 and IOM I was hearing stories about him applying for the Isle of Man, where you are vetted before being invited. Michael would literally write the last 3 races on his entry and expect people to know who he was. Joey, despite his legacy would have sat and wrote out his history just incase the person deciding had never heard of him.

Made me laugh.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You are a lucky man to see the legend fella.. I can't understand why Honda or IOM goverment have not done a museum in his memory or even a IOM TT museum the history is quite straggerring really. is there one for him in NI?

Even when the TT is over the museum will pull hundred of punters across the world , the musem will feed the main event. We just don't celebrate the history of our road racers enough.. they will be soon forgotten at this rate.

4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    He has the Ballymoney Leisure Centre named after him and a wee statue put up outside Joey's Bar.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No booze in his bar thou. :What:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Anyone seen this movie yet may watch it soon , father day gift hint ..hint