Introductions joined to day selling my rover buying a honda?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by imc, Wednesday 2nd Jan, 2013.

1. imc Member

Hi all, having spent a shed load of cash, time, pain, and under the bonnet of a Rover 75 Diesel in 3 years of onership , it has to be a accord 2.2 diesel gen7 next.

Looking to get a 05 plate 100,000 mile sport 2.2 diesel very soon. One question........how real is the DMF /clutch problem? I know folk only post problems on forums (take a look at the rover site!!!) so the problem somtimes get over stressed. Should a worry?

Cheers

imc

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome to AOC
    DMF i have heard a few fail but that was on remapped/tuned cars due to high torque.
    Clutch it all depends how hard car was driven,if the car hasnt been abused it should be ok.
    Buying a high mileage car is always a risk.
    - - - Updated - - -
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/54/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On top of what Zoran has said, look for service history and proof that the car has been looked after well.

With diesels regular servicing is a must. If the car has been serviced well and driven normally all should be good.

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hello and welcome

5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome,

At 100k miles I'd budget for a clutch, even if it seems ok now, it will be tired.

Also rear brakes on the 7th Generation, calipers go,due to lack of maintenance. Also there is a VSA module fault, can be pricey to fix, Vehicle stability assist, ESP/ traction control type of thing, google it.

Also consider the petrol models, 2.0 is much cheaper to buy and more reliable, do you need diesel, do you do mega miles?

6. imc Member

Well thank you all for the reply, from your comments and having a good look around the DMF / clutch is an issue, I do a fair amount of motor way miles, if it has a full Honda history would DMF change get recorded .
    Cheers
    IMC

7. flashgordon1952 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

is this one of the rovers that honda owned at the time? pretty shure honda owned them for a short time ?
    anyway welcome to the honda Accord club.. by the way i have a 1999 VTEC 1.8 automatic

8. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Honda had joint ventures with Rover up until BMW bought Rover in 1994.

Honda had a 20% stake in Rover for a while then sold to BMW. The joint venture spawned the Rover 800/Honda Legend, Rover 600/5th Generation Accord, Rover 200/400/Honda Concerto.

Swindon plant made Rovers and Cowley made Legends for a while, but the quality wasnt up to scratch for Honda.....lol

9. burraston2006 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Snap! My 75 died on me last week-clutch went so I found an Accord to replace it! Great minds and all that!!