Introductions Jose from Scotland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jcalvarez, Friday 5th Dec, 2014.

1. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    Hello everybody, I have owned only 2 cars in my life (long story...), my first car was a brand new Accord 1.8 SE VTEC in 2001, paid the sticker price (yeah I know, an idiot). It was an automatic, great car but the auto gearbox was a little bit of a letdown. Still the VTEC kick was great at around 4000rpm. In 2006 I bought my current car, an 11 month old Accord i-VTEC 2.0 SE, and still driving it today. All I had to do with it is to service it, and recently changed a light bulb. That's it. Planning to keep it for a while until I see something in the market that is worth it. The closest one I think would be the Mazda 6, but very reluctant to change. I want another bloody Accord :Smile:

John Dickson and moob like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello and welcome to HK Jose. :welcome:
    I fully understand your wish to keep your Accords. They are superb cars. When you have time, please add one or both to the Club Garage.
    In the meantime, feel free to have a good look around the site. Any questions, just ask. We are a group of Honda lovers who like to help fellow owners.

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome Jose to HK :welcome:

Hondas are great like that, look after them and you only have to do basic services to keep them going and when something does break, even then its normally quite straight forward to replace. I drove the new shaped Mazda 6 in Australia last year when I was inches away from migrating over there, and I must say, it felt nice, comfortable and quiet. I then drove the 9th Generation Accord "Euro" as they call it, which completely and utterly wiped the floor of the Mazda.

4. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Welcome to Honda Karma Jose! I always say to new members it is THE club for all things Honda. You'll find all you want on the web site and especially all the help you will ever need!

5. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Welcome Jose

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Jose :welcome::sparta:

7. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you all, glad to be here :Smile:

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Belated welcome to the club Jose, an 8th Generation would do you nicely as a replacement :Smile:

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club Jose. You certainly won't go wrong with the Accord. Great car.

10. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Agree, but I still want to keep my 7th Generation (only 65k atm) for another 3~4 years, and that means no way of getting a 2 year old 8 gen by that time. I just hope Honda would change their mind about the accord in Europe/UK.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thank you!