Off-Topic Jubilee Bank holiday weekend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Wednesday 6th Jun, 2012.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What did everyone do over the jubilee bank holiday? Anyone got pictures to post up, would love to hear what people gotup to?

2. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

We had a smallish street party it was great fun , but a few streets down not a single flag & no parties just plain old miserable gits :Foolish:

For the first time I spoke to a few of my neighbours. It is a shame a street party got us talking, in the past made I made effort to talk to them but this long weekend has got the entire street talking.

Looking forward to the platinum celebration. Let get behind our Olympians and hope we do well !

3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have also been suprised that not more people have made an effort to be honest- There were hardly any flags or buntings up around us- So we just organised a BBQ with both our neighbours, decorated up our houses & sat in our front garden all afternoon being very happy!!
    I think more flags & people will appear when the Footie starts (mine included)- have already seen a portugese flag appear...

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Unfortunately my employer is not very patriotic,had to work Saturday and Tuesday but enjoyed Sunday,Monday with family.

5. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

WHAT :Aghast: do you get time in lieu or double time, unpatriotic or not that's bang out of order mate.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can't really grumble,they did pay us double plus I will be having long summer holiday when is busiest time for us.

7. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ah well not that bad then ,kerching

8. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Boooo to your employer

9. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    A street party sounds like a really fun event and a nice way to bring the local neighborhood together. We have small neighborhood street parties around Halloween. It makes the event seem much safer and more festive.