Accord Judder still present

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by K24 CL9 GUY, Monday 12th Oct, 2015.

1. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hi all after some possible causes of my issue as taking it to a garage tomorrow and this issue just won't go away and doe's worry me when transport my misses, step son and daughter about in it :-/

So this judder has been present for a long time now and has been looked at numerous times and no one can seem to find the cause?

I had really bad judder/wheel wobble under excelleration recently that has gone due to replacing the driveshafts but there is still something not right?

So I have had my wheels refurbished, balanced and tracking done multiple times now aswel as trying another set of wheels on to rule out being anything wrong with the wheels or tyres. That said I'm getting new tyres on front and balancing and tracking checked again anyway tomorrow.

I have also used hubcentric spacers as the others I had left a lil gap so wanted to rule that out.

Have had all suspension components and bushes etc looked at but no one can seem to see anything obvious? Since owning the car (two years) I have replaced the wishbones and drop links twice.

So what is left??? Anti roll link arms, ball joints, replace all bushes, new hubs and bearings all round? Seems I am just continuously plowing money into this thing just trying to make it good n not for any real benefit or gain :-(

I also have the problem with gear selecting and think clutch already needs replacing although not much over a year old and don't give it too much abuse to warrant it dying so early but have a suspicion that was never put in right in the first place as changed all to rectify my problems but never changed a thing :-S

@DeviateDefiant tells me has failed early as was advised to choose a poor clutch in the first place and this may be the cause of my judder also but I'm not convinced.

Any ideas on where to get the garage to focus their search on would be appreciated as this whole thing has been dragging on forever and is killing me and my bank balance :'(

2. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Oh could poor alignment cause judder as has tracking front and rear done last the end of July and said this was the closest they could get it without having adjustable camber arms? This is why I asked @Nighthawk and going back there tomorrow.......

DSC_0076.JPG

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I can't see how alignment would cause judders mate, it would just rub your tyres away like mad

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Do you think the above set up is poor? Would love to see mine all in the green like your print out :Smile:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Heavy unsprung racing clutches will judder, there's no springs to absorb vibration! You have a track clutch in a road car my friend.

I'm sure I've shown you pictures of CC clutches after less than a year completely fooked beyond belief. Trust me, as someone who deals with CC day in day out (and fights customers to choose otherwise) that excessive judder is very common with their units, something I've heard time and time again, the pressure plates also fail quick and hard.

Infact, here's a message to me last month to someone who swapped from a Stage 4 CC to a sprung Action Clutch Stage 4 (this car is a turbo track slag and actually needs one):

judder.

Your alignment isn't perfect, your rear is fine (excessive camber will cause some uneven wear) and your front left has a bit too much of the same, but given the steer ahead and all the rest, that's not the cause either.

I haven't spent long enough with your car at all to pull out any suspension issues mate. But I'd put it down to the clutch as the culprit, and regardless you'll much prefer your clutch if you actually get something suited to your set-up from a better brand.

@Ichiban - I know you don't know CC - but tell the man a heavy unsprung Stage 4 Cerametallic Clutch is going to judder.

6. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

I hear you brother and will be asking for your advised replacement option too, maybe OEM and as have the K20 flywheel will give me better options right? Well it's in the garage now and have asked them to check all the can. Reason for not being sure if clutch even though I know it's screwed as fill judder will plodding along not just under excelleration but think the best bet will be to replace the clutch and go from there.
    - - - Updated - - -
    My spelling is bad but that is all auto correct lol :Tongue: Damn phone - I'm in charge ;-)

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Yeah for sure, there's tons of options for K-Series clutches and you can re-use your existing flywheel no issue. I agree with you that the clutch should be replaced and then go further from there, it's what I'm going through with my own car of ruling things out.

Hope they do actually find something new for you mate.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Help!!!!!!

Think the cold is making it worse :'(