Suspension, Steering and Brakes Juddering Sound on Steering

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by accord-twin-1, Friday 10th Aug, 2012.

1. accord-twin-1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anybody know what the cause is of the steering on the CR-V when full locked it sounds like a juddering sound can anybody help
  2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Juddering or clicking sound?
    Could be CV joint.
  3. bijomaru Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Rob Swindon
    I've got that sometimes. It's like squeaky sound near full lock one side only. Very rarely though.
  4. accord-twin-1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

But she has it both sides
  5. accord-twin-1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Juddering on full lock both sides
  6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds very much like CV Joints. Check underneath and see if any of the rubber CV Boots are split, you'll notice grease all over them if they have. They may not hae split and could still have worn. What mileage is on the car?
  7. accord-twin-1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think about 160000 I will let you know later when I get home
  8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As I said above probably CV joints, although unusual for both to go at the same time. But at that mileage quite likely.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any feedback on this have you resolved this issue any feedback will be good .
  10. siren New Member Getting Started

If it is a 2002 to 2006 try the below remedy. Its from the Honest John website. Mine was making the groaning noise. Honda fixed it after a bit of haggling for £100, the noise immediately stopped. Probably a lot cheaper with a local mechanic.

"As with previous model, the oil in the 4WD rear differential dual pump clutch is known to degrade prematurely, well before the recommended replacement interval. Symptoms are a moaning/groaning noise when manoeuvering on full lock. This is easily misdiagnosed as a steering rack problem, which may lead to uneccessary repairs. The solution is to simply replace the dual pump fluid with the latest spec Honda fluid which is called Dual Pump 2 fluid."
    Ichiban likes this.