General Just a nice place to be.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul, Wednesday 8th Feb, 2012.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was driving home today in the Accord. My standard drive home that I've done countless hundreds of time. The weather was bitterly cold (1C) but the heater was set at a nice 23C with the heated seats on low keeping my posterior toasty. For some reason I didn't have the radio on and the car was just purring along. It dawned on my just what a fantastic car the Accord is. No rattles, bangs, bumps, and full confidence in the car. No regrets at all in buying this second Accord and still loving it after just short of a years ownership. Sad but just thought i'd share it with you all. :Whistle:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been doing over 800 miles for the last 4 weeks just between Leeds ,Manchester and Nottingham. I too enjoy the silence with temperature set at 21 and heated seats on at low it like my comfy sofa at home.

Collecting a shed load of Shell VPower points thou!!

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can you get anything decent with them though???

4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I haven`t found anything yet

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I opted for shell vouchers and buy gift cards for birthdays etc

6. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Doh. I`m getting mixed up, it is late and I have had a few cans of Guiness. I was getting confused with my Barclaycard points which I use to buy my V Power. If you know what I mean.

I opt for money off V Power coupons

7. bruceCU2 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did exactly the same thing today - turned the stereo off and just cruised along, it was strangely quiet and peaceful - weird but cool :Smile:

8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are a nice place to be thats for sure!

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Totally agree. Something about the 7th Generation. When I'm in work I find my myself looking forward to that magic moment of sitting down on that leather seat and then turning the key. Never thought that about any other car.

10. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I agree totally! I always look forward to getting into the car after work each day. The Accord is a lovely car.

11. buchanan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Love my 2.4 too :Smile:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think the 2.4 owners is under represented in the Accord community and it time we 2.4 owners celebrate it. No disrespect to the 2.0 and 2.2 owners.

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I drive an hgv's through the night, my work car is a 18 year old Carina E estate(no jokes please) I go home in the morning to be greeted by the sight of such beauty(the wife as well)?? Sitting gracefully under the carport waiting in anticipation of my next night off so that I can slide into the drivers seat turn the key knowing that the 2.4 litre power plant will fire up first time and it's just pure bliss as I manoeuvre out of the drive and set off on what I know will be an enjoyable journey even if it is just to Morrisons to do the shopping ? I LOVE MY 2.4 Type-S and wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The 2.4 is the last bastion for petrolheads ..Amen

15. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

And suprisingly a lot more frugal with fuel in the real world than you'd think

16. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can't wait to get one of these bad boys!!!!!!

17. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good old carina E eh lol, we use to have one many years ago, carina e xli , had it upto 180k IIRC, still going strong and we sold it on for a few hundred quid:cool:

18. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Who do you drive for Mick and what? I drive a R580 Topline Scania.

19. bruceCU2 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is the 2.4 you talk about a diesel? If yes did they only come in the 8th Generation? Thanks!

20. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The 2.0 and 2.4 are both petrols. The 2.2 is a diesel only. Same in both 7th and 8th Generation. :Smile: