Introductions Just bought a CR-V II

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ourmark, Sunday 1st Feb, 2015.

1. ourmark Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mark Otley
    Greetings, folks

I urgently needed a car so pitched up to a local dealer with an open mind. Drove away in a 2003 CR-V with less than 80,000 on the clock which seems like a good 'un.

I live in rural Yorkshire and commute to Leeds.

I've added it to my garage so I guess the link will appear somewhere rather than repeat all that!

Look forward to picking up tips from those with more experience of these cars.

Mark

2. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    welcome to the forum :Smile:

ourmark likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to Honda Karma @ourmark

Sounds like a half decent purchase for a spur of the moment emergency buy. What was your previous car? What did you pay for her if you don't mind me asking

ourmark likes this.
  4. ourmark Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

My previous car was a Renault Megane Scenic RX4. I paid £2500 for this one and hope to get my money's worth. I see one for sale right now with 180,000 miles on the clock which is encouraging to see.

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The K series petrol engines are bullet proof, especially with less than 80k on the clock.

Look forward to seeing more pictures of her, give her a really good full service if she hasnt already had one and she will last for a long time.

ourmark likes this.
  6. ourmark Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep. I have a stamped service book up to 60k but nothing after that. The oil is brownish rather than black so it doesn't look overdue. I reckon there must have been at least 1 service done since the book stopped being stamped.

I plan to do my first service when it hits 80k and then every 10k / annual after that.

Got 1 interior light working and greased the door catches / hinges today. Always something to do!

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just make sure you change the rear diff fluid every 25K to avoid nasty juddering on steering lock.

Welcome to the forum.

ourmark, Superman001 and Nighthawk like this.
  8. ourmark Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the tip, Pottermus. Some funky lubricants to add to the shopping list...

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome Mark, sounds like you picked up a good example for a fair price. As @Nighthawk says, K-Series engine are bulletproof, you often find them hitting hundreds of thousands of miles with proper maintenance. Hope she continues to treat you well.

ourmark likes this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome yo HK @ourmark :welcome:
    From what you've said already, it looks like you've got yourself a smashing CR-V. I'm sure you will be pleased with her. :Hey:

ourmark likes this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello @ourmark welcome to HK :welcome:

Looks like a good CR-V you've found there. K series engines are bomb proof just keep on top of the oil changes as already said but also keep an eye on the oil level as sometimes they can use a little bit. It's nothing to worry about just normal oil usage.

ourmark likes this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @ourmark :Hey:

I'd highly recommend sticking to OEM fluids, with club discount from our forum sponsor Holdcroft Honda, they tend to be very decently priced too :Smile:

ourmark, Superman001 and Nighthawk like this.
  13. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Good work - 80000 miles is only just run in! My 2nd Generation CR-V has 146000 miles on the clock. They're tough cars.

John Dickson, ourmark and Superman001 like this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda:Karma