Accord/8th Gen Just bought an ES GT Tourer

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by richsprint, Monday 1st Oct, 2012.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi guys,

I'm finally joining the club, just bought an 58 reg 2.0 petrol auto tourer.

Love the look and the spec, it drives well also, very comfy seats also, paddle shift also.

Couple of questions...

Is it possible to change the plastic seat backs as they are scratched, kids probably?

Where is the rear washer, I tried it and no water came out, does it use the same tank as the front, as they worked?

Cheers

Rich

2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Dude and welcome. If you can't change the back plastic you could always try carbon wrapping them Its quite cheap at the minute.

3. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome along. If your getting no water out of the rear washer then try filling up the wiper fluid tank (it's the same one for the front and rear).

When the fluid level drops low only the front will continue to pump fluid. The extract for the rear is higher from the reservoir

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense, I didnt see much washer fluid in the tank when I checked the levels.

I'll make sure they've topped it up when I collect it, as I doubt I'll get any fuel!!

5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I got a full tank of fuel which was good, as they couldn't get a replacement fog light in time.

Loving the car, well made, cruised to London in it yesterday, very quiet and smooth.

Bluetooth and iPod connector work well.

Found that its difficult to fill with fuel, will only take a slow flow, is this normal?

Also the steering feels a bit strange at first, I guess its the electric assistance, very weighty aroind the centre, then gets light.

Got the rear washer working, the tank was low, looks like the previous owner was alergic to screenwash, as there is black slime on the cap dipstick, also the front washers struggle to get halfway up the screen, is this normal, or is it sludged up?

Pollen filter was shocking also, so i've ordered a new one, black and blocked with tree seeds etc.

I'm straightening it out slowly but surely...

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I so want to test drive a 2.0 Accord and get Helen into one before she say CR-V. I have noticed the fuel flow initially when i got the car. Unlike the 7th Generation the filler mouth is at a slight offset. So when you insert the petrol pump nozzle and it not position correctly and drive in completely you will get poor flow.stand behind the filler then the chances of getting it wrong are low.

Black slime isn't good you want to get the washer proper clean and flush out and get a proper windscreen fluid , last thing you want is Legionnaires' disease which is contracted through watervapour:Blink:

7. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks Ichiban,

Is it easy to get the washer bottle out, it seems to be housed in the wing/bumper? I've added a load of winter screenwash and some water, so I'm hoping that will kill off anything and flush it through. Need some new wipers also, the ones on look original, they smear badly, will take the Holdcroft deal for those, £18 is cheap for OEM ones.

Thanks for the fuel filler tip, I'll try it out.

The car is generally good, has been well serviced, just seems to have missed screenwash, pollen filter and brake fluid changes.

The 2.0 petrol is a good compromise, cheaper road tax than the 2.4, but still goes if you rev it, especially with the paddle shift.

Auto box is very smooth, as good as a BMW box, a lot better than the W reg Accord I had, that used to whine a fair bit. I understand I need to get the fluid changed at 75k miles?

Very impressed with the car, BMW and Audi drivers don't know what they are missing, Accords are great value used.

Good website, keep up the good work.

8. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have the same 2.0 ES GT Tourer Auto, I noticed the steering was a bit odd when I got mine weighty around the centre, it needed a couple of new tyres on the front, after the garage put new tyres asked for a 4 wheel alignment check front and rear were both out, plus a few other bits, oddly both front wheels were pointing to the left. must have been done badly before hence why the tyres only lasted 12k.. but now the car drives so much better and the steering is as I would expect the weighty feeling has gone from the centre postion. It maybe worth getting yours checked..

9. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks Nick, I'll consider getting a 4 wheel alignment done, however it tracks straight on the motorway with no vibrations. Its got Goodyear Excellence on the front, half worn.

10. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine tracked fine on the motorway as well and Bridgstone tyres on, both fronts evenly worn.. I was surprised at how out it was, its worth doing if you have funds available.. will make your current tyres go that bit further....

I think its one of those things that you don't know how good it can be till its right..

Last edited: Thursday 11th Oct, 2012
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Rich,

Taking the entire washer bottle is a task for a flush what you can do is use a garden hose and get it to over flow from the top, it will create mess every where but it easier.

Once you have flushed it out, use a pipe to siphon off he rest out of the washer bottle before you put your favourite screen wash .I do like the pedal shifter in M mode the hold the gear for longer and shifting is pretty slick on the diesel and petrol.

As for the ATF fluid would personally change it every 25000 miles and change the aft filter if the 8th Generation has one , i know the 7th Generation has one.

You are right about the accord , it miles ahead of any poverty spec jerman car:Rolf:

12. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cleaning the alloys today and sealing with Poorboys wheel sealant, noticed they are made by Enkei, who make racing wheels F1 notably.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Oh yes they are bud.all the Honda accessory wheels are made in Poland , i.e Sigma , Delta and lighting by a unknown vendor

14. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just found out that my car is Polished Metal, not Volcano Grey, so the touch up I've bought is wrong, damn dealer advertised it wrongly.

Moral of the story,,always check the paint code before ordering

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    whoops I am sure the dealer can swap that out for you.

16. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is the rear headliner meant to not be level? The passenger side seems to have a bulge in it, back up by the tailgate, or is something kept up inside there?
    can't see any signs of damage..