Off-Topic Just checking in....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Paul, Friday 26th Dec, 2014.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys,

Long time since I've been in here, always busy with work and life but had a few days off over Christmas so thought i'd have an explore.

Firstly I need to say to Ichiban that this place is looking brilliant. Very smooth and easy on the eye. Well done CJ!

So hows the car.... Well I've had it approaching 4 years and it's now just short of 100,000 miles. It's due it's service any day now so need to get it booked in for that. The clutch still occasionally slips (it's done this for 25,000 miles now) and probably will need doing sooner rather than later if I decide to keep her. I got a flat tyre last week and with the MOT due in the next few weeks asked them if they could MOT test it. Well it passed with no advisories with no preparation from me!

The HFT decided it didn't want to play the last few days so thinking the module has gone. I'll whip it out and reconnect it and see if that solves it. If not it's new module (or ebay) although one from ebay will probably have a minimal life and a new one will be cost prohibitive so may need to scratch my head.

Apart from that the cars lovely. Still enjoy driving her and average just under 50 MPG (based on fuel added and distance travelled). I keep thinking I'll sell her in another year but that just moves on. I'd struggle to find something with the same specification without spending a fortune so happy to keep her at the moment.

Anyway hope everyone's well on here and Happy New Year (once we get there!).

Chunkylover53, SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    Heya Paul,

Good to see you here again - glad the girl is still behaving herself.

Hope you had a good xmas with your family
  3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great Christmas thanks and the kids loved it! Just thinking how giddy they'll be when they see the snow.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    hey-up Paul long time no see mucker. glad to hear your Accord is still working well.

Ring me when you have a mo mate. it snowing here and it's settled mine already has plans of snowman and sledging.
  5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    Its sleeting by me at the moment, no work for another week, so hopefully I will be able to spend some time with the kids getting beaten up by them in the snow.
  6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Will do CJ. We need a catchup.

I'm working Sunday afternoon as a favour to someone so hoping I can get in!

The sldge will be out tomorrow for sure.
    Ichiban likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Paul, long time no see :Smile:
    Good to hear that you and the Accord are doing well :Thumbup:

For those that don't know @Paul, Paul was part of CJ's original team that setup Accord Owners Club (AOC) at the back end of 2011.
  8. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey Paul. Regarding what speedy said: thanks for helping setting the original AOC mate... awesome stuff