General Just Launched: Tein Flex Z Coilovers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeviateDefiant, Thursday 6th Aug, 2015.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    flz_products.

These have literally just launched (5 days ago), and look pretty damn good on paper.

Tein are probably the most consistently good coilover manufacturer, though I hate their damn green colour scheme :Laughing:

TEIN.com: FLEX Z - PRODUCTS

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I really want one of those laser cutting bits of kit, no idea what I would do with it, but still want one.

These ones on the list then bud?

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I know exactly what you mean.

Nah, I was after Tein Comfort Sports. They're really soft springs which make for a comfortable ride while still handling better than stock. Thing is with the ride quality on 18" rims actually turning out to be way better than I thought, I don't think I need them anymore. I think I can now happily go for something a little stiffer for even better handling. I'd bite on these, but I bloody hate the green colour scheme - I can get BC Racing coilovers at the same price, but I feel these will be marginal better. So yeah, I don't know.

4. Nighthawk Guest

You won't see the green colour anyway unless you go looking for them, and after a year, they will be dirty as well.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

God damn it @Nighthawk, you're missing the point, I'll know they're there :Laughing:

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    look awesome...... no fitment for my FR-V though :Frown:

7. Nighthawk Guest

I've been married too long, she is making me think logically again.... :Laughing:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

The only Tein coilovers designed for the Edix/FR-V are Street Basis, I took the liberty of seeing if they were still available and apparently they're coming back into stock on September 24th :Whistle:

9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

already looked into them. . they are only for the 2.0 petrol and the AWD version.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Mate, any JDM coilover will only list the petrol models as there is no diesel over there, they'd fit fine but be stiffer because of the extra weight.

If I were you I'd go for BC Racing coilovers with custom spring rates.

11. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

cheers for the info, , didn't k ow that...Soo much for me to learn
    - - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    about 350 quid, , , no idea what the cost to get the here would be though.

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Amazon Japan doesn't ship internationally, but probably around £150 shipping from Japan, then 10% import duty on top of both together, and 20% VAT on top of that. I think you'll pay £650-700 in total to be honest.

You can always drop @H-Tune a message and see what they can do, but I think BC Racing would be cheaper (and far quicker) to source. The beauty there is picking whatever spring rates you want, so you can get something properly suited to the diesel.

13. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

cool cheers, ,, will have a look into the bc stuff

14. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    How does one get around the prohibition on shipping compressed gas products (shocks included) from Japan, I've been looking into the availability of shocks when mine eventually need replacing. Of course no European company makes them. Purchasing Honda OEM would be an option but expensive. I've found KYB aftermarket but only for sale in Japan and none of the purchasing agents say they can post :Unknown:. Not really an issue at the moment but they will eventually fail on these lunar like Irish roads.

15. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

Some couriers will ship compressed gas products from Japan, they just have to be specifically declared as such. We haven't had an issue shipping coilovers across :Smile:

jd1959 likes this.
  16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I didn't know Tein was a Japanese company? Thats good if it is.

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah they are mate.