General Just to annoy speedy with another LPG question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jd1959, Saturday 1st Aug, 2015.

1. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    @SpeedyGee I was looking through your conversion thread, and yet again a nice looking job. It made me go looking again at installers as the last one did nice work but had never heard of the exhaust valve recession issue on Honda's nor had he ever checked the valve clearances on his own CR-V running on lpg and said it would take him about a day to convert... including removing the wood flooring in the back of the StepWgn, (a few hour job in itself), unfortunately another installer crossed off the list.

So I stopped into another installer today and was happy at the care and quality of his work also the time he took away from his current job to discuss options and show me some of his conversions, but when talking to him about removing manifolds and so on he told me he wouldn't need to to fit the injector spuds as he is using the below which raise the petrol injectors up about 5-7mm. He said if I went with the multi-point flashlube he would have to take the manifold off to tap but has found the fittings below much preferable for lpg as the positioning is perfect. Any thoughts?
    lpg.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    No annoyance at all @jd1959, I'm happy to offer any advice where I can.

They should be fine, if they seal well both into the into the manifold hole and the topside where the injector goes into.

Raising the petrol injectors 5-7mm shouldn't cause any issues but look out for a slightly rougher idle. They work well on some engines and not on others.

You need to make sure that the installer spaces out the injector rail out by exactly the same amount as the height of these injector spud adaptors.

If you decide to get the install by done by this installer I would suggest that what you say to him is that your are happy to try these out. If the results aren't as expected that you would want him to remove them and drill spuds in instead.

3. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Thanks for the feedback, finding an installer here that I'm happy working with has been a battle, the quality of work has been shocking on occasion and disappointing frequently.
    Good idea I'll go that route and see what the reaction is :Thumbup:.