Engine & Gearbox Just to confirm my search results

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Westman, Tuesday 13th Oct, 2015.

1. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Kings Lynn
    Just to confirm the collective wisdom of my search

I have just spent a happy 45 minutes reading the search results on what Engine Oil for my CR-V (2005) 2.0 litre auto and the aggregate opinion seems to favour 0/30 fully synthetic (in spite of my local Honda dealer insisting on 5/40 hence this post!!)
    And as for the manufacturer I have found Castrol Edge 0/30 fully synthetic at £36! For 4 litres
    I will use a genuine Honda filter
    Any advise would be appreciated
    Atb
    JPR

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My Accord petrol seemed to prefer Mobil1 but my CR-V preferred Castrol so I'd go with that.

Costco do Castrol 0W30 Edge Fully Synthetic with all the bells and whistles in it and C3 spec for about £28 per 4L if you are a member.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@Westman if you've got the 2.0 petrol CR-V, Honda recommends, (since early last year) Castrol Edge Professional 0W-20 as first choice.
    Some dealers only stock, and use, the second choice, 5W-30. My Accord will never be touched by any of these dealers.
    0W-20 is preferred as is delivers better MPG yet still retains the necessary lubrication.

Castrol Edge Professional 0W-30 is first choice for the I-DTEC (diesel)

Ichiban likes this.