Aftermarket Kit K N Airfilter for 4th Generation i-DTEC

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Oscarmax, Monday 4th Jul, 2016.

1. Oscarmax Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Melvin Tregynon
    I am having trouble locating a K N Air filter for my Honda CR-V 2013 2.2 I-DTEC fourth generation, is the air filter on the third generation 2.2 I-DTEC the same ?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Melvin,

don't take this the wrong way K&N filter are glorified marketing ploy they do make power on the top end of the rev spectrum most benefits seen on NA Petrol engines, Your diesel will never rev that hard nor is it a performance machine. There are no gains to be had on a FI engine, you want filter in your car which does it job and the stock Honda filter does a superb job.

If you want gains in performance use the premium diesels you will get more gains out of that than a air filter.

3. Oscarmax Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have always used KN filter, not for any performance gain, but for their ability to run long mileage between cleaning.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The stock filters last over 35K miles they look awful when you pull them out at that interval but they still trap 99% of the dirt , which K&N does not even when its brand new!!

So yes you have a longer cleaning time on the K&N because it letting more debris in then the stock! air filter :Smile:

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  5. Oscarmax Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have been buying KN filters for years, I did not know that.