Engine & Gearbox K24 swap

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by k24, Sunday 7th Feb, 2016.

1. k24 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi folks, just wondering would anyone know would it be a big job to change the engine in a 3rd Generation 2.0 VTEC CR-V to the k2.4?
    2.4 versions are available in America and Japan, pity it's not available in uk.
    So have seen a few accord 2.4s for breaking and thought an engine swap would be good
    Any thoughts? ?

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Anything is possible if you have the time, experience, inclination and a tolerant insurer!

It would probably be much easier to stick with a K20... There are a wealth of tuning parts for the version fitted to the CTR or S2000.

Or just sell it and buy a more powerful car. That way you'll end up with something better 'balanced'.

3. k24 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yea but I like the practicality of the CR-V, had a 2.4 accord before and it lacked room for the family, child seats etc.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If you started off with K20 CR-V it would be an easier task. Your challenges will be finding an ECU that works with the car and the engine.

BB Baboonface likes this.
  5. k24 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yea, the r20 engine is a bummer

6. FrankMcI New Member Getting Started

Scotland Frank Glasgow
    Can anyone help me find advice in removing the diesel engine from my 2007 CR-V. Are there workshop manuals available anywhere?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

different car same principle.

BB Baboonface likes this.