Engine & Gearbox k24 with k20 Type-R head?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by MAL, Thursday 1st Nov, 2012.

1. MAL Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey, wondering if anyone out there has fitted a Type-R head to a k24? Have seen a few things online about Civic owners using a k24 bottom end wondred if anyone has done it to an accord and what is involved?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's been done buddy TSX cams , tweaked VTC,RBC manifold ,upratted injectors ,Throttle body , coolant bypass, headers will need a ECU too.

The more you spend the more HP you will get. It's fair to say it will be expensive and I know a man who has the track record to make it ultra reliable.

3. MAL Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds mucho expensive! Was hopin it could be done with a donor EP3 and plenty of elbow greese mixed with busted knuckles! any viable tuning methods for a k24 that arent crazy money? (thanks for the info by the way!)

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It pointless getting more out of an Accord , buy a DC5 EK9 and the results are fantastic or even Euro R these car are designed for it. why make a slow car fast ..

5. MAL Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah know what your saying. feel that the k24 has more to give, just putting the feelers out to see if theres something that if missed. Id love a euro r but can't see why there twice or more the price of a 2.4 Type-S. Driven DC5 and to be fair i prefer the DC2 for smile factor, really nice car all the same!

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    MAL, I've dreamt and droolled about doing the same to my K24 but alas the cost and amount of work required make it an unfeasible option :Sobbing:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    DC2 hell yeah much better I was just referring to DC5 if you wanted to swap K Series engine bits around.. DC2 is B series they make good turbo cars and I have been in an insane B series.

8. hondavtecr Trader

Chris Manchester
    DC2's are plain evil. I love them!

Ichiban likes this.