Engine & Gearbox Kangaroo Accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by indigoblue, Tuesday 3rd Jul, 2012.

1. indigoblue Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Got an 07 2.4 Tourer with just under 50k miles (mostly around town).

It's started to make it very difficult to pull away in first without the car kangarooing. You need to keep the revs up to 2000 and feed out the clutch very gently to avoid it.

Whilst the clutch operation seems fine and is not slipping, I've already had to regrease the master cylinder rod and the car also has a noisy clutch release bearing.

So, replace the clutch (and release bearing while I'm at it)?. Or is it something else (gearbox?)

Ta muchly.

Last edited: Tuesday 3rd Jul, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi,

The issue you face is two fold one getting used to the DBW throttle system and a sticky master cylinder. when set off the master cylinder rod stick momentarily holds the clutch that extra second and by increasing the revs the kangaroo effect happens.

Try replacing the master cylinder or lubricating with rubber grease to get the action free, also learn where the bite point of the organ pedal is you have 3-4 mm of free play before it engages.

As for the rest can't suggest if they are on there way out without striping the clutch out.

3. indigoblue Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not convinced it's the master clyinder this time, the operation is smooth and the pressure underfoot remains constant when lifting.
    I saw another post relating to a warped flywheel on the 2.4. Whilst I don't drive my car at high RPM, it does get some stick carrying large camping equipment loads. Could this cause the juddering?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi there can you send me a PM with your VIN number there was a TSB in 2003 which described the jerking or torsional imbalance in low rev conditions.

If your VIN number matches then your car will need a ECU update, I will accordingly update the thread with the TSB details.

A flywheel wrapped will only cause juddering it will not cause kangarooing or pendulum motions , but it also depends on your definition of the symptoms.