Detailing Karcher Chassis Cleaner - Would you use one of these?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by foxleys, Thursday 6th Mar, 2014.

1. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Hi

I would be interested to hear from the more technically qualified amongst us to let me know if they thought this is a good idea?

There is a lot of dirt (caked on) under my Accord, but I was wondering if using one is a good idea, or might it promote corrosion and other electrical problems?

More info;
    http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Products/Home__Garden/chassis_cleaner.htm

Note I am not connected to Karcher in any way, if I am required to remove above link, please let me know & I will.

Thanks in advance

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Many thanks for the info, Zoran!
    The link is amazing, I have to say I would be scared to do that!!

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

After spending part of yesterday afternoon nearly lying flat out on the drive spraying water under the car with the garden hose to clean sub frame as best I could (and the resulting aches and pains from that - it's a necessary evil but the patience to do this starts to wear a bit thin by the time you get to this point in winter!) I'd be interested to see if this is any good or not.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On paper that is a good tool buy but I have no faith in that yellow brand they make really good crafted plastic but the internals are poor

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Kärcher have a great reputation in general, CJ's biased against anything with German engineering though :Whistle:

Makita are a Japanese manufacturer who sell similar products and get a lot of praise from this board in general. Though I'll admit I'm up for buying a pressure washer this summer and don't know whether to go for the Kärcher or the Makita, both around the same specs and price.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Call that biased but the fact till is none of these German curds every last in our house, you call it German engineering I say it under engineering or lack of it ..they can’t produce anything which last .. it’s like it’s against their corporate governance!!

Rather walk with a nail in my boot than buy german C**P!

John Dickson and DeviateDefiant like this.
  8. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I bought a Bosch for my snow foam and cannot fault it

9. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi
    I've had my Karcher for around 5 years and cleaned two cars every week (plus my sons on occasions) plus cleaned my paviours and decking twice a year. I haven't had a single problem with it.
    I can only praise it for its reliability.
    Mike c

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  11. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My first and only piece of yellow junk is now condemned to the great scrap yard in the sky, cost a few quid and little used.it failed me when ready to wash down my parking and walls etc having taken time off work to get the job done I was not happy, really look after my stuff as well ,anyway onto amazon to buy a cheap intermediate machine to tie me over 30 odd quid and two days later it arrived, works better than the yellow ever did and still use it 2 years later, can,t remember the make but I think it's Sweedish . Did not know the Karcher was German that explains it all. Nice when you can round a chapter off.

Ichiban likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Finally I am not alone!

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I guess that decides that I'm going for a Makita :Laughing:

14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know I previously said I'd be interested to know if this is any good or not. I don't know why the fact it's Karcher should tell me all I need to know. My first Karcher started spewing water at a few months old so I bought another one only because they were going cheaper than dirt in Tesco. It's so light it's virtually useless as it keeps falling over. However it does have the typical Karcher trait of being virtually useless at cleaning. These things don't clean other than the thickest of mud off anything. They are useless and just rearrange the dirt, leaving a grimy haze on everything you try to "clean".

DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is a very German trait for majority of the products they are not designed to do what they were made for.:Crazy: