General key fob programming

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by leep17, Saturday 11th Apr, 2015.

1. leep17 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pricey south wales
    Hello all, I only had 1 key when I bought my 2011 accord . I've priced a 2nd key at my local Honda dealer and it will cost £220. I've seen a new key for sale on ebay for £84 and was wondering what would be the cost of having it programmed to my car or can it be done easily yourself ? Any advice would be much appreciated

2. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    CR-V Gen3 2007............................I bought a genuine Honda blank key off e bay for £10 and had it cut and re-flashed for £35.

3. leep17 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pricey south wales
    Thanks for the reply, was that in a local locksmith ? I asked last week in a timpsons and he was quite rude really, saying he wouldn't be interested in trying to cut and code a key and fob bought off ebay.

4. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    It was done in a small car parts shop in Gloucester. The chap was very knowledgeable and helpful. It seems the local car dealers use him a lot there were another two such people waiting for theirs to be done when I went back for the key. I had to leave the car and existing key with him for a couple of hours. I suggest you Google local car locksmiths.

5. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

See ' remote key fob ' thread - last listed yesterday it may be helpful

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Don't have much else to add to this thread but @vincemince, @roelfarm please get your avatars sorted out.

This thread has no colour to it at all as everyone's on the default "I NEED TO CHANGE MY AVATAR" avatar LOL

@leep17 I've not mention your name as you are relatively new :Smile: