General key remote press once to lock, twice for alarm purpose?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Friday 13th Nov, 2015.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi guys.

This has been something that i am curious about. Why did Honda add that as a feature for our car to have it locked by pressing the lock button once, but alarm will not be activated yet. The lock button has to be pressed again before alarm is enabled. I do not see a need for me to lock the car but not arm the alarm.

Is there more to this feature that I do not know yet?

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I thought alarm activated on one press and 2nd press activates dead locks....

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Last edited: Friday 6th May, 2016
    Bo_ and mustnap like this.
  4. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Aha, now i know what it does. Thank you. When i first got my car, i tried doing a test to see if the alarm will be triggered or not (since i need to park my car in a location where it could be stolen (poor security area). So i roll down the window, lock the car from outside, push the lock button once, and tried opening the door (reaching from outside through the window). the alarm did not get triggered. I re-read the manual again and from that i know i need to push the button twice . And that did trigger the alarm (when i did the same test).

i'll re-check my manual again and see what it says there.

It is good to know that this accord, despite being an old model, has some nice features built in.