General keyless entry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jay16v, Friday 17th May, 2013.

1. jay16v New Member Getting Started

hi folks new to the site and have just bought my first ever honda
    y reg 1.8 vtech sport , really happy with the car and got it very cheap aswell
    was just curious as to wether it has keyless entry fitted as all i got was 2 keys and no remotes, all 4 doors unlock together and when i lock it a red led on the dash flashes ?
    so basically does it have it or not and if it does where would i get a fob and is it the 2 or 3 button type
    thanks

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Jay,
    What car are you driving? It might be easier to get an answer if you ask the question in the right section for your car.
    You see there's a place for every Accord generation.

3. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can't see it having keyless entry if its on a Y plate. I'm guessing its just straight forward central locking without remote.

4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    What year is a Y-plate?

5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2000-2001 Y reg so that will be a 6th Generation built in Swindon. Those had 2 or 3 button remotes, so the one for this car has been lost or broken.

- - - Updated - - -

This type:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-Civic-Jazz-Accord-S2000-2-Button-Remote-Alarm-Keyfob-G8D-348H-A-/281106031048?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item417339a1c8

Get over to the 6th Generation section to ask how to program it.

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    72147-S1A-G02

This is the Honda partnumber for a 2001 Accord 1.8i Sport 4 door.

7. jay16v New Member Getting Started

thanks for that guys , a big help , now to track down a fob ,
    i thought mine would be a three button though as i don't have a boot release in the car ?

8. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I thought all the 6th gens had it, down by the drivers door sill, with the petrol flap release?

9. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Yours a 2 button, Jay.

10. jay16v New Member Getting Started

I have the petrol flap release but no boot release , there's also a key slot next to the petrol flap release , any ideas ?
    Gonna hunt down a fob now , just don't want to spend a lot in case it don't work