General Lack of Accords

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by T10KJC, Tuesday 15th Jul, 2014.

1. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

On holiday in Spain enjoying the sun have not seem any 8 th generation Accords at all ,only Honda I have seen is a couple of CR-V ,S don't the Spanish know what quality Honda car ,s are ?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    We actually have around 50 members from Spain on the member's map, @mr.xkr comes to mind :Smile:

3. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm always on the lookout for accord car ,s what ever part of the world I'm at .

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm always on the look-out for Accords too lmao, I flash or wave every single one. They must think I'm nuts, but I never know whether it's a forum member or not :Laughing:

5. mr.xkr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello from Spain.

Yes, here in Spain there is a lack of Accords, but Hondas in general, I think there is some reasons:

- Honda's Spanish market its a crap. The distribution its a joke. There are only "Accord Elegance" on the local dealers because they are too expensive and there are no discounts. Also, we don't have manual 2.4, only automatic ones, Type-S was removed from catalogs, etc. The only ones sold well are CR-V and Civic, because the price is better (they are made there, in UK, so customs are not a problem). We hope the new Jazz started to being made in UK for getting more competitive here. We have one and its the best car we had (no problems, no noise, very spacey, a great city car...)
    - Honda in Spain its recognized for their motorbikes, not for their cars. Spaniards are more Germanish for their cars choice. Its stupid to think that, because they have a lot of problems with their cars, but people only wants "the cars of the other", and if Soccer sees Ronaldo with a Audi Q7, they want that car.
    - Also, Honda Europe, in general, its not their market. US, Russia, Japan are its markets. We are the forgotten ones. That's the reasson they had the new Accord and probably the new TSX, and are not going to have it.
    - Honda in the last decade was not very smart positioning their cars, neither their marketing (at least in Europe). If you think about new cars, with downsizing (1.6 I-DTEC its awesome, but arrived last year), with DRL (Accords don't have it), neither styling (Accords are pretty, but... orange color in the headlight markers, don't you think its too US-like?), navigator... yes, with DVD and a non-touchscreen, and so on.

Do you think I'm thinking about Spaniards are stupid choosing car? No, but they are a lot of them that are because of the ADs. The people I know who owns an Honda never buy other makes. The people never own one, wants an audi, BMW, or mercedes. Then, they buy a french car for pricey (I'm not telling french cars are bad, but they are not Hondas).

I have an Honda Accord 8th, Jazz, an NC700X today. We had an Civic 6th, Accord 6th, Accord 7th Tourer and a Varadero 125. Never failed us.

Now, I want to change my I-DTEC with an i-VTEC, i had no problems with the motor, but I want to get a petrol 8th, and if I can... Tourer.

If anyone visits me, I'm from Murcia, at the Southeast of Spain, I will be very pleased to show you a little from here.

Best regards, and thanks to this forum and administrators to let me get the opportunity to talk here.

PS: Sorry for my english, if you want to correct me, I'll be pleased to receive critics to learn :Wink:

6. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not criticizing , sorry if you think that but it would love to see our European friends with Honda cars & to see different specs of car .

7. mr.xkr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No no no, I don't consider it as a critic or a bad thing, its the true, I'm not offended of that!

Please, be free to make any comments about it, honestly!

8. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry I'm at playa flamaca if spelling is correct just like looking .

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Thanks for the comments @mr.xkr that was interesting to read through. A lot of us in the UK complain about not getting many of Honda's more performance orientated models, it's sad to hear that you guys get even less. I guess once small plus side of being on the continent is that it's not too hard to import from another European country right?

Couldn't agree more with your take on Audi, VW, BMW etc. it's quite the same over here, although the Civic, CR-V and Jazz sell well, the Accord is treated like the ugly step-kid, never getting much limelight from Honda UK. It's often been said that the reason for it is due to the 8th Generation Accord being manufactured in Japan, and with the Yen being so strong, soon after launch it became very expensive for Honda Europe to import - so for the sake of profit they stopped promoting it heavily.

Honda needs to get its act together in Europe, we want a new high-end saloon and a coupé at the least, together with at least a couple of engine choices. You make a valid point, Honda do best in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and Russia.

10. mr.xkr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, that's just what I've been talking about. Cars imported from Eurozone don't pay import taxes, but Accord its made in Japan, like Jazz, that's why Accord its 15-25% overpriced and can't get competitive in the market, and Jazz and Civic are about same price.

But that's not a problem at all... we have a very good car, reliable car, ... and an exclusive one. This is the rare-case of the market, but I love being the freak one owning Hondas :Smile:

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

For sure, we do have an exceptionally built and made car that you cannot find everywhere on the roads. Even more so for you than over here. It's just a shame that the uniqueness of our cars and lack of marketing is what's driving it to extinction throughout Europe.

12. mr.xkr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, Honda needs ADs like the The Cog

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's the only advert that comes to mind when I think of Honda :Smile:

PeteMM likes this.
  14. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think the 8th generation accord is a fantastic all round car ,just like everybody else diserpointed that you don't see more of them about, but this will not put me off buying another 1 .

15. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

We were in Spain a couple weeks ago visiting the in-laws Alicante and Murcia Area. I didn't see a single Honda on the roads in the four days we were there - Shocking!

16. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Of course the Spanish know what quality is; They have Barcelona FC and as you rightly observe they drive CR-V's.:Icecream: