Exhaust System Lambda Sensor help

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by a3-accord, Tuesday 20th Mar, 2012.

1. a3-accord New Member Getting Started

Hi all,

I am having issues with my lambda sensor on my 51 plate accord 2.0i VTEC i am looking to replace it but i keep coming up against price problems and fitting problems, can any1 help me either a place to look or a site that would help.

thanks

Ian

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Ian,

When you mean price problems where are you trying to source the parts from main dealer or local motor factors? if you already got a price from your local dealer I would suggest ringing Holdcroft Honda on 017820261593 speak to parts tell them you are from here and see what they can do.

Fitting problems do you mean the one you have sourced does not fit or you cannot remove the one already on ?

3. a3-accord New Member Getting Started

i have looked on ebay, euro car parts etc and the price is always quite high. If i find one on e-bay at a decent price turns out that it won't fit my make/model. tbh im not 100% sure what im looking for for my lambda sensor thread and hole size etc.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its a dilemma which have to confront lambda sensors are expensive finding the right thread pitch right part which fits the first time ... If you adopt a hit a trail It can take you ages to achieve what you want . If you have time on your hand then try it as your finding will be beneficial to all. If you can't wait and want the car back on the road you have to bite the bullet and but a genuine Honda part which works out of the box and takes the guess work out.