Exhaust System Lambda Sensor.

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Malc, Tuesday 24th May, 2016.

1. Malc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Malcolm S Worksop Notts
    I've recently had the Cat nicked off my CG-8 but they left the sensor , but pulled the wires out of the plug.
    Can they be re-inserted and if so does any one know which one goes where?
    The exhaust appears to be a non-standard Accord exhaust but everything worked fine even passed the MOT again.
    Any ideas as to what the exhaust could be.
    The bracket with two holes that appears to bolt to the back of the engine sits a few inches below the mount point, does that help.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    @k20a3 just replaced his stolen CAT so might be the best person to answer,

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    No reason why you can't put the wires back in if they can physically go back in. No idea of where they should go.

What do you mean with what exhaust it is?

When they cut it off they cut it at the mid pipe and flexpipe, so you have to fit a new mid pipe, then cat, then the flexpipe.

4. Malc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The flexipipe was left in situ. By what exhaust I mean what other Honda could it be from as the front mounts don't match up.

5. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Any pics Malc? That would help us see the problem you have.

Malc likes this.
  6. Malc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

7. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malc, looking at that link lists only pre cat sensors, the one that goes into the manifold by the radiator.
    Try eurocarparts, mine was about 3 times the price but came with the right connecter and works fine.