Off-Topic Laser eye surgery

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nighthawk, Tuesday 2nd Dec, 2014.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    So, optomistrist reckons I need glasses, to be fair, he has been saying the same thing for the past 3 years but I have just ignored him and my personal response is that I think he needs something of his own, however, anyone had laser eye surgery to deal with long sightedness?

The thoughts of someone playing with my eyes freaks me out a bit. Anyone got any good things to say about it.

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My wife wanted it done but couldn't for some reason but one of our friends got it done and it worked, although he had to go back and get it done again. I think that can happen though. He used Optical Express. It's not something I'd do myself, don't like the idea of it lol But if I did then I'd probably only use a big established company for obvious reasons. Fortunately my eyes are good though.

I think the technology is meant to be pretty good though.

3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My dad had it done a few years ago and although he had a few irratants in the weeks post surgery, his eyes are spot on now.

I'm happy with contact lenses though. Stick them in and forget about them. You can even sleep in them nowadays.

4. Nighthawk Guest

Made an appointment with Optical Express on Friday for a consultation - its damn expensive though but we shall see. I do need to get my eyes sorted one way or the other.

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I wear month long contacts (been wearing different types of contacts since I was 16), but cannot face laser surgery, just the idea puts me off.

My friends wife had the surgery done 10 years ago and now has to wear glasses again because her eyes have changed since the OP.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been wearing glasses since I was 8, contacts since I was 14 (when my eyesight stopped deteriorating). I'd definitely consider laser eye surgery as my eyesight hasn't worsened in the past 6 years but the cost really puts me off. If I were you I would definitely get some contacts at least before your eyesight gets even worse, if you buy them online then its a lot cheaper, EG. Boots wanted £80 for 3 months supply which I got for £55 from the states.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been wearing contacts for 27 years now and its easy and convenient for me. Sunday I don't wear contacts give the eyes a holiday and uses glasses.

8. Nighthawk Guest

My glass prescription hasnt changed for over a year, so I am hoping that means that my eyes have settled out. I would rather not have contacts, but I appreciate they are better than glasses and significantly cheaper that surgery.

9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My lenses are only £45 for 3 months supply at Specsavers!