Body, Paint & Styling Leaking roof!!!! Was not expecting that.

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Nitropaul, Tuesday 24th May, 2016.

1. Nitropaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have an 08 CR-V ex with the panaramic roof. Twice recently after heavy rain I have got in my car and have found water all over my gear stick and on the floor. I took down the map reading light console in the front of the roof lining and got my wife to spray the roof where the glass roof meets the windscreen. First bad sign was when I removed the light console there was a small wadd of kitchen role. Not a good sign obviously an issue before I bought the car. Anyway the car got sprayed and the water came dripping in. Not a good idea in a car with as much electronics as the CR-V. I am pleased was didn't get onto the satnav. I am trying to find the cheapest was to get this fixed properly (gaffa tape on the outside is the temporary safety net). Anyone else have any experience with this fault? 60bc5ed87431a7d9de11babefcdc7fc4.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Was this a bought from a dealer?

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Is it a genuine windscreen? Should have Honda etched in the bottom left corner. I suspect a poorly fitted windscreen

4. Nitropaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought it from a trader. I will check the windscreen tomorrow for the honda emblem.

5. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    It is always best to deal with the root cause of leaks but on occasions some leaks just defy identifying from where they are emanating. In these circumstances it is always worth trying Captain Tolleys. The secret is to wait until the leak has fully dried and then apply the Tolleys. It really is very good.

Keith

6. Nitropaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No honda emblem on the windscreen. Has been changed at some point I guess. I have looked at captain trolleys. Might give it a go. A 6" strip of gaffa tape is currently stopping my CR-V filling up with water.

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Get a quote from some windscreen companies for re-fitting a screen so you are prepared. Sounds very likely this is the problem