General Leaky Hondas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by earthsciencer1, Wednesday 25th Feb, 2015.

1. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    I was asked today to bring in a CR-V (2009 model) as it was letting in water. The owner felt that it was coming in down the windscreen somewhere and had made the front passenger footwell very wet. Purely by chance when I got back to the dealership another owner was at the service desk reporting exactly the same problem. As I was rushing somewhere else I did not have time to find out which model he owned.

As I have not come across this in any discussions on the forum I wonder if anyone knows whether there are confirmed issues with this problem on any Honda models

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I can't really recall anyone reporting such problems on the forum about this.

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    If it has a towbar it could well be a poorly fitting grommet into the N/S/F arch where the positive feed wire is passed through. 9 times out of 10 it is that. I've seen a couple of A/C drains blocked up aswell. The condensation fills up till it starts spliing out of the heater box.

earthsciencer1 and SpeedyGee like this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What's the process of cleaning the A/C drain, is that be done from underneath ?

5. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    Brilliant! Could be "nail on the head" in one. The CR-V does not have a tow bar now but clearly did at one time, looking at the metalwork at the rear. They will be contacting me to take it back to the owner, as and when fixed, so I will try to find out how they have dealt with it. Thanks

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you live in area with a lot of spiders then these pesky rascals clog the drain pipe with their webs. The easiest way to clear it is a blast of air up the up the water will then wash away the blockage.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    A lot of 90s Hondas suffer with seals going around the rear lights and water in the boots - that's mostly down to age.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Whats the chances the front windscreen seal hasn't been done up properly?

9. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I had a '96 CR-V that developed a rust through spot the size of a pin hole in the trough where the trim for the roof rails were mounted. The water would trickle in and down the 'A' pillar and collect in the drivers foot well. I only found it after pulling most of the dash and interior window garnish out and tracking the water/rust trails up to the roof.

PICT0044.

10. mr ed New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom dave birkenhead
    I have a 99 cr v which had the same sort of leak ,it was failed seals under the black plastic windscreen finisher