Pre-Purchase Leather interior

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by JAPIMPORT, Saturday 21st Mar, 2015.

1. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    hi there I've come across a leather interior from a 00 6th Generation hatchback what im wondering is, does anyone know if itll go into my car which is a saloon

2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The front seats will be the same and the rear seat base will be the same, the only thing which i am not sure on is the seat backs or the rears. Do the seats fold down in the saloon or are they fixed?
    Only thing is, how are they wired and if the wiring is not present, you will beed to get this from the donor car as well.

JAPIMPORT and Chunkylover53 like this.
  3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:whathesaid:

4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

While we are on the subject of seats, how easy would it be to change the seat base foam?

Reaaon I ask, is at 128k the side you get in on, the foam has broken down and the metal seat frame is touching the fabric and may rip through it soon.

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The saloon rear seats do fold down, but the fixing is different, where you have the tabs on the hatch the saloon has these ribbons at the back you pull from the boot. I don't think it will be a straight fit for the rear seats.

Can't imagine the seats foam change being too difficult, but it will probably be a long job if you have dismantle the lot. The cover might be stitched together so perhaps you will need to cut it then restitch them which isn't easy, but youw ould hope they just stretch over the foam instead.

Nighthawk and Harvey like this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The fitting position is different. When I helped @DeviateDefiant put executive seats into his Type-R, the fixing points on the lower section of the seats are the same, but the fixing points at the top are completely and utterly different and you will need to fabricate a way for them to stay in place.

JAPIMPORT likes this.
  7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fortunately this is not a Type-R, so in theory the foams should be easy to replace as mentioned.

8. Nighthawk Guest

I was talking about the fixing points themselves rather than the upholstery

9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So what your saying is that the seat frames with the runners are different from an exec to a Type-R, presumably to accommodate the motors and electronic stuff.

10. Nighthawk Guest

No mate, I was agreeing with your first post. :Drinks:

The front seats and rear seat base are interchangeable. Its the securing of the top of the rear hatchback seats into a saloon which is an issue as the hatchback ones are largely secured with their actual catches, whereas the saloon obviously doesnt have these catches installed to stop the top of the seats flopping forward under hard braking for example. This was the complication which DD and I were faced with when transferring leather seats from an exec hatchback into his Type-R saloon.

11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry, I got my wires crossed

12. Nighthawk Guest

:Drinks:

Harvey likes this.
  13. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    Thanks for the help everyone

Harvey likes this.