Optional Extras Leather Steering wheel

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Sunday 3rd Aug, 2014.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys, just a quick one.
    Will the leather steering wheel from the Accord Coupe with the Accord hatchback and loons?
    Only reason I ask is that I've seen them on ebay reasonably priced, and with cruise control buttons, but not sure if the centre hub size is different or not, since they come from the U.S spec cars that where sold her as the coupe for a couple of years in right hand drive trim.
    Thanks
    Gareth ( Harvey)

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How reasonable priced is this steering ? If it's not a lot then go for otherwise it can be hanged as garage art :Wink:

3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

£32.95 is the price. At the moment can't afford it, as I need to get the welding done before MOT :Frown:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well it's not meant to be mate.if doesn't get sold and he drops the price then get it.

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its been the same price for a while, just thinking it would be a nice thing to have, instead of the stock steering wheel.

6. vtecjay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jamie Bridgwater
    Yea want to change mine to leather aswell but got same dilemma with cruise buttons

7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what dilemma do you have mate, there arnt any?

8. vtecjay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jamie Bridgwater
    To change to a ATR wheel an loose the cruise or just change to a leather 1 an keep the cruise control

9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

change to a leather and keep cruise, that said, you might be able to have an ATR wheel and keep cruise as its a little bracket that bolts to the wheel, you might have to cut the side portion of the wheel to accommodate it though and swap the squib over, or just get a proper leather wheel that has all the buttons you need.

10. vtecjay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jamie Bridgwater
    I'm not that good with wiring lol. Making brackets etc yes but wiring no lol. Plus it'd be a shame to cut into an ATR wheel

11. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd check for the wiring loom connectors for the cruise control to be the same as the normal Accord steering wheel.

vtecjay likes this.