Electrical & Lights LED Headlight bulbs

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by welsh_decs, Tuesday 9th Apr, 2013.

1. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am so sorry if this has all been covered before but I am extremely confused on the matter.

From a reccomendation from a friend I bought some LED headlight H1s (H1 LED 120 SMD LED white fog beam/driving parking light lamp bulbs | eBay)

Upon attempting to fit them I noticed the hole where the headlight bulb goes is just big enough for a normal H1 and so obviously these LED headlight bulbs are too big
    did I just buy the wrong ones? are there ones that other H1 LEDs people have bought and are fine? or is there a way to make these headlights fit?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LED headlights ! Dude no one done this yet as its too much of unknown quantity at the moment. Personally I would say away form them as headlights.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just get the feeling they won't give much output. Although LED's are coming on leaps and bounds these days. I was looking at some 240v dimable led downlighters the other day. 8w and produce a genuine 50w output. Very bright but too expensive at about £50 each. I worked it out it was cheaper to use standard ones and pay the additional electricity. I'd be interested to know who the first manufacturer will be to use led headlights for OEM.

4. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Audi have already started using led as standard

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For headlights? Or sides / DRL? Bet a new bulb isn't cheap but would have thought they outlast the car.

6. mushroom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

better put osram nightbreaker for this, £13 inc p&p, you will see difference..