Suspension, Steering and Brakes Legend brake parts from UK?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Maintenanceman, Monday 25th Mar, 2013.

1. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    Parts for Legend are hard to find from Finland, OEM`s are available of course.
    I am going to need new brake rotors and pads, they are still ok but might be better.
    At the end of the summer i have to do the "traffic inspection" here and they might say that i need to change those brake parts.
    So, is there any good brake parts shop in UK that is listing this awesome Legend and is willing to send parts to Finland, i know that in USA there is plenty of those but the cost of the delivery is very high
    because these parts are heavy and if it comes outside of the EU i have to pay taxes and vat.
    I am searching mainly grooved or drilled rotors.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not seen any discs with slots or groves for the KB1 in the UK.

if you want then it will be the states I am afraid , speak to Holdcroft and ask them to price you a set and see if the price is cheaper than Finland.

Maintenanceman likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    ^ That is a really good offer, i have one mate here who is importing cars from Japan, he promised to check out those brake parts from there and will get back to me next week.
    He have one shipment coming soon so the delivery wouldn't be a issue.
    If there is no reasonable options in Japan i might take that Holdcroft offer, cost of postage is one question because those parts are quite heavy.

5. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    No parts from Japan, that guy forgot my needs...
    Found one shop here in Finland, they are selling EBC brake pads and other brake parts, i am going to order RedStuff pads next week, those rotors can wait.
    Prices are quite ok also, 126,40 front set and 29,90 rear.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You'll find some people that praise EBC no end, and some who say they'll never touch them again after using them. They get very mixed reviews in general, I believe it's the reds that have low dust and good high heat performance, but they're pretty lousy from cold.

I'm using Ferodo Premier pads and I've been thoroughly impressed so far, for the Legend the fits are FDB905 for the front, FDB956 rear. Prices over here are £35 and £25, I'd say they're worth a punt. Lots of brake dust, but excellent bite.

7. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    Turned out that this dealer who is listing those EBC pads can't deliver them, well not for rear, only for front and with two weeks delivery time.
    can't find those Ferodos either, fock...
    Who is selling them in UK? Wifes brother lives there and can buy and send them to me.
    Any other choices?

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I found numerous sellers on eBay when looking, on our UK site there's an option to show items worldwide so I'd suggest clicking that - you may find someone who can deliver to you direct. Ferodo pads are also often on Amazon UK who I've been told deliver into Europe (though I haven't ever tried this myself).

I'm not well versed on the pad options for the Legend (@Blues Legend might be able to help here), but Pagid also do a set for the front (101600278) and rear (101602388). Prices I can find are £60 and £27 from EuroCarParts. I'd personally choose the Ferodo pads even without the price difference. Pagid are competent, though often surpassed by OEM.

9. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    Turned out that the pads were more worn out than i expected, so, i had a little panic with them, rears are still quite ok.
    Bought OEM s from the dealer, got some discount and payed 130e. Those are HP1000 Ferodos, it is stamped on the back plate on the opposite side of Honda logo.
    I will search during the winter for some discs and maybe then will buy the whole set.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Glad you're sorted for now at the least, I would personally go for OEM or Brembo blanks (if they're made for the Legend, haven't checked) unless you're set on slotted/drilled discs and the faster pad wear is no issue :Smile: