Legend Mk III (1999) Cruise Control not working

Discussion in '3rd Generation (1995-2004) [Acura RL]' started by misterarse, Tuesday 11th Nov, 2014.

1. misterarse Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will Southsea
    Well it is an old motor that had done 100k miles but as it won't work via steering wheel command button or the facia I just wondered likely causes as it does not seem to be covered by a fuse, no doubt a relay. Any experiences of a remedy without going the expense of dealership fix?

NB The dashboard cluster of 3 switches, ABS, Cruise Control etc no longer are illuminated but they do work except CC of course

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When there's nobody in front of you, put your foot under the clutch pedal applying force upwards and try setting the cruise control. If it works then you need to adjust the pedal. If it doesn't then do the same with the brake pedal and if it works then adjust that pedal.

3. misterarse Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will Southsea
    Thank you kind sir...

Will give that a try

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The only point I'd add is that if the cluster on the dash isn't illuminated then that does point to there being some kind of underlying wiring/electrical issue as well, though I'm not the best at diagnosing these things.

5. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Im sure it will be the clutch switch too ! or possibly the one on the brake pedal.

Matt

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★