Service & Maintenance legend problems

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by mattyg, Friday 30th Nov, 2012.

1. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi guys new to the forum just after a bit of advice!

Looking to buy the latest legend now that the price is coming down have owned a couple of the older models over the years both have been great cars just wondered what are the faults/ problems that crop up with these cars and what to look for when buying one.

Your thoughts would be greatly apreciated

Thanks matt

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Matt ,

All the known fault are in the Legend section just look them up bud.

3. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks struggling to find it to be honest I've read all the threads all i have found is a reference to brake judder hate to be a pain but am i looking in the right place

Thanks matt

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Matt you know what you are right.. I have to get some more data here.

I have just recalled there was brake master cylinder recall on the Legends and if I recall correctly all of the 156 sold in the UK a few of them have still not gone into the dealers for it.

The Legend you are buying get the VIN number and check up on this Recalls And Updates | Honda Owners | Cars | Honda (UK) to see your Legend is not one of outstanding cars.

Other than that they are bullet proof and like all cars fluid changes at time and quality of parts and oil used goes a long way in retaining its life.

5. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    This is very good source for the information you need, we all know that our Legends are sold in USA as Acura RL`s
    Known Problems and Quirks - AcuraZine Community
    - - - Updated - - -
    In Finland we have on those official Honda Finland pages place where you can write your car VIN and it tells you if your car is in need of some update or recall.
    There is no list anywhere what those things have been, maybe something that Honda don't want people to know how many or few issues we have.
    Anyway to my mind Legend is very solid and trouble free car, it has to be because of that price what it cost.
    You can also destroy any car with poor service and lack of care, thats why my choice was officially imported car with full service data. Just to be safe.

SayamaAccord likes this.
  6. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    I've noted a major problem that you need to be aware of....:Aghast:

After 4 weeks of ownership something seems to be terribly amiss as I finally plucked up the courage to check the trip computer and found my MPG to be only 18, over approx 500 miles :Blink:

Though once I start driving it I forget all about it! :lol:

7. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    :Smile: Well, here gasoline cost 1,78€/liter, my computer says 10.5 - 11.3 L /100km.
    This Unit Conversions says that 11 L/100km is 25.68 MPG and 18 MPG is 15.693 L/100km
    Something wrong with your car Sadsack? Reset that trip computer and check it out again maybe.

8. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A lot of short journeys on a cold engine maybe?

9. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    Or driving habits...

10. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    :lol:

Sorry fellow members, I think my dry sense of humour did not show through in my original message!

I was only joking regarding my Legend achieving low MPG. Yes it only does 18, but only because I find the sound when I push down with my right foot so addictive.

Also everyone who takes it for a 'drive' always tend to do the same. I'm sure once the novelty wears off the MPG might creep up a little, but I bought it well knowing this so I try my very best to act as if I am not bothered!

11. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    :Happy:Haha. If you get SRI intake then you will floor it just for fun (more than now)
    I was going to order one "cheap" from USA Street Tuning Auto Piece BMW Performance Parts - COSMO Racing
    Price is something like 60$ but with postage it would cost 159$ what a ripoff, i was going to replace that filter with K&N
    I havent check out my trip comp now because we have snow on the ground and i have been playing little bit....

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have to admit the Legend on full song is amazing on such a refined car it makes it more pleasurable.

Maintenanceman likes this.
  13. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    Loved my 1993 Legend Coupe with manual trans, had a Weapon-R intake.
    Here is a clip how it was, don't mind the radio on the back.
    th_23032007.

SpeedyGee likes this.